Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dandare's Works

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Irlandesaaa

oh also...I'd luv 2 help u as well :D just ask me anything you'd like!! ya thinkin about writing a manga yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DandareRastaban

Yet again an uncoloured doodle:
    Vice_Commander___sketch_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    Hope it's not to shabby ^^'

Anyway: I plan soon on drawing some first pages of manga and making a threat about my mangas I plan on doing.

About the first pages: It would be something like a prelude to "Undead". Story would be told about few things that happened quite much before the main storyline (even over 600 years before). They would be centered around Sedah, the one of more important characters in main storyline and it would tell much about Half-Lichs and their connection to other Midians.

About threat: I want to introduce a basic summaries of stories I want to draw and profiles of characters that would appear in them. Counting the notes I wrote much more than drawn but getting it into a small nice and reasonable form of such threat would be... rather hard and time-consuming. Also since both stories are quite build up there would be some additional infos (like monster bestiaries and lists of organisations). It might sound weird at first but believe me that it would be rather nice and clear in the end... if I succed I mean ^^'.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is she gonna be a character in your manga by any chance?I like it.

Is she gonna be a character in your manga by any chance?I like it.

Yes, indeed. Her name is Teresa Warren. That one of characters in Undead mainline story ^^

Shugoken_Kazeryuu_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg

• Advertisement

As always ... tens of comments... yeah... sometimes I think that some people should take a Fluoxetine hydrochloride to start living .... or maybe I suck so much that it isn't even worth mentioning ^^' ?... Seph, Prime, maybe at least You guys are still alive XD?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

thats a very nice drawing she reminds me of chung lei (excuse the spelling) from street fighter.

B]Fluoxetine hydrochloride

where can I get this :D?Sounds tasty.

thats a very nice drawing she reminds me of chung lei (excuse the spelling) from street fighter.

Yet bracelets arent so big XD

where can I get this :D?Sounds tasty.

I think You need to ask the nearest psychiatrist (seriously, they're best thing at developing such things... mostly in USA thought ^^')

• Advertisement

"Work in progress"
    Teresa_Warren___sneak_peek_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    I wonder if anyone would say anything ^^'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

That's a damn fine drawing. Really like the detail on the jewellery and medal. I don't draw myself (absolutely no talent) so I'm afraid that I can't offer you any pointers. That drawing doesn't appear to need them anyway.

Vice_Commander_Teresa_Warren_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    Ok... what do You think?

very nice as always :D.your attention to detail is really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Espy

Cool drawings Dandare, you have a pretty good understanding of anatomy.

Have you tried cleaning up your lines using inking pens? I recommend using the Staedtler pigment liners, they're quite good. You can find them in most art shops, even Easons. Steer clear of Edding Pens, they're terrible quality because the nibs split very easily. Staedtler pigment liners are a good way to start before going more advance and using calligraphy pens and bottled ink.

You use colouring pencils just like I did when I started drawing Manga, ah the memories ^-^ Having your pencils super sharp gets the best out of them for blending, as well as getting detail down too. Keep up the awesome work!

Espy wrote: »
    Cool drawings Dandare, you have a pretty good understanding of anatomy.

Many senpais say this XD. Sometimes with praising my eye to details ^^. I'm trully thankfull for that, but I know it's just the beginning to be recognised as an artist... and in the end I'm total newbie ;P
    Have you tried cleaning up your lines using inking pens? I recommend using the Staedtler pigment liners, they're quite good. You can find them in most art shops, even Easons. Steer clear of Edding Pens, they're terrible quality because the nibs split very easily. Staedtler pigment liners are a good way to start before going more advance and using calligraphy pens and bottled ink.

I know that Staedtler tools are great! I use their pencils. As for pastels (used only once till now) I use Progresso and I think they're damn good but I dunno if they're easy to get in Ireland ^^'. Also I like BIC for good automatic pencils and not bad normal ones. I'm thankfull for any hint in this matter since I don't have much knowledge in this matter and I dunno if some art tools are good untill I actually use them ^^'. I still dunno how to do inking in as good way to show it. I think I'll buy those Staedtler pigment liners. I was thinking also about buying a tablet... any good hints in this matter? (pretty lame that I ask since I'm after IT highschool, but I have no idea about which tablets are plainly good)

You use colouring pencils just like I did when I started drawing Manga, ah the memories ^-^ Having your pencils super sharp gets the best out of them for blending, as well as getting detail down too. Keep up the awesome work!

My... work... is... AWESOME?! Yaaaay! I've meet another nice senpai :D !! I feel touched.

Also if that's not a problem, show us some of Your works senpai! ONEGAI!!! For best open own threat and let us comment XD !! (I would for sure XD )

Ohayou! ^_^

As You may know I plan on making two different manga stories. One is semi-realistic story called "Undead" and another one is fantasy genre story called "Netherlay".

The thing is that I didn't draw anything Netherlay related in at least... one and half month! Thats to long! So after big while of thinking I had idea and after first 5 min drawing this came out:
    First_5_min_of_life_XD_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    For now just a little 5 min doodle... but You must admit it looks pretty promising, doesn't it ^^?

Full art may take a while... since the girl would be in 'full' plate (no worries, it would be visible it's a girl ^^)

That's all about: 'what the check am I doing now?'

Any comments or interesting ideas XD (like with what I should draw her ^^)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Espy

... any good hints in this matter? (pretty lame that I ask since I'm after IT highschool, but I have no idea about which tablets are plainly good)

As far as I know, you can't go wrong with a Wacom tablet. The thing is is that they're a bit pricey, but think of it as a good investment, since if you want decent results, you must get a decent tool.
    My... work... is... AWESOME?! Yaaaay! I've meet another nice senpai :D !! I feel touched.

Haha, you're very welcome. Nothing like encouragement to get you fired up. I should be idolizing your enthusiasm, as I've been quite lazy with my own art work, and kind of lost my fire for it. You can blame college for that..
    Also if that's not a problem, show us some of Your works senpai! ONEGAI!!! For best open own threat and let us comment XD !! (I would for sure XD )

Gah! o_o Show something? Er..ehm..hm..Maybe I'll post a thread later. Thing is, I kind of abandoned manga style to experiment with other styles and learn more about design and character creations. Manga has thought me a great deal, it also made me study anatomy and that helps a great deal since, if you want to become a better character artist, one must always study from life. It's probably rule number one to drawing.

The last "manga" style piece I've done was of Szayel Apollo Granz from Bleach for Valentine's Day(it was more of a gift to myself, since I'm in LOVE with Apollo, and his smexy ways)

vdayaporro.gif

Apologies for it's hugeness. My scanner kinda killed any good quality of it, and I'm aware the watercolours are atrocious since I rushed it out of the way to do college work -_- Photoshop can only save so little...blarg

EDIT: Oh, so it isn't that big. I had to host it on Photobucket since my Blog site didn't want to cooperate.

Espy wrote: »
    As far as I know, you can't go wrong with a Wacom tablet. The thing is is that they're a bit pricey, but think of it as a good investment, since if you want decent results, you must get a decent tool.

Thanks for hint... I will think about that and check some things ^^. It's like U say anyway: without a good tools only real master would be able to make something worthy... I'm not one so I should invest in tools XD

The last "manga" style piece I've done was of Szayel Apollo Granz from Bleach for Valentine's Day(it was more of a gift to myself, since I'm in LOVE with Apollo, and his smexy ways)
    Don't be angry but I LOVED the way he was defeated ^^... IT WAS AWESOME XD (1000 years of being stabbed in heart)

In fact I don't dislike nor like him (maybe becauswe I'm not a girl :/ ?)
    vdayaporro.gif

Art is REALLY nice ^^. I can't do such colouring... wel it's not like I ever tried thought XD

After 2 and half more hours of work:
    Alastria___sketch_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    Say Hello to Alastria XD

Thought it's still only a rough sketch ^^'.... colouring it would be something interesting :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Dadare, I really like the details of the costumes in your works...
    Epic-mithologic it's not usually my genre of manga, but the detrails in your drawings are beautiful.
    Keep on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Prime32

Nice pic - I'd be willing to try colouring again (I could try a non-cel-shaded look this time). Any colour guidelines so I can do it for you?

Prime32 wrote: »
    Nice pic - I'd be willing to try colouring again (I could try a non-cel-shaded look this time). Any colour guidelines so I can do it for you?

U can always try bit different one but after long hours I ended up a traditional one... just a sec and I'll put it ^^

Alastria_the___Sapphire___by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg

wow thats very cool now I must say,im very impressed.

wow thats very cool now I must say,im very impressed.

Heh, I've made it my fav in my DA gallery ^^. In my opinion it's my best so far :D

BTW: I update there works few hours before posting here (mostly) so if You're interested I can give You link XD (I won't hide that I also try to get as many watchers as possible to make it bit more popular... watchers are like money: the more You have, the quicker You get more)

In my opinion it's my best so far :D

I agree,tis your best so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Prime32

Okay, here's your pic vectorised, Dan (Again, you'll have to remove the ".txt"). Like it?

And no, I don't have the time or skill to make you a Netherlay anime. :P

Prime32 wrote: »
    Okay, here's your pic vectorised, Dan (Again, you'll have to remove the ".txt"). Like it?

And no, I don't have the time or skill to make you a Netherlay anime. :P

Lol, that was genius XD

One day we should make a BBMMORPG for sure XD (I know guys with needed programing skills already ^_^) but lets leave it to future ^^

I guess I should thank You ^^

• Advertisement

Altought it's not a new drawing I want everyone to check this link XD

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=UeY_iXJeoXU

A good friend of mine said me that it's a good alegory about me and I shouldn't keep telling how untalented I am. She thinks that I am in fact very good artist but just yet not much recognized and I should keep my "Rainbow carrot song" untill people would see me XD.... I love the idea, but I dunno if it's really true ^^'. Anyway song is just amazingly CUTE :D

Advertisement