Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dandare's Works

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

very impressive :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

teach us!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DandareRastaban

teach us!!!

I wish... once I'll have more time maybe....

Yet I doubt if I really am capable of teaching anything >_>. The very fact that I do draw just for a bit over one and half year... makes me newbie a little :/

Hmmm.... I wonder if anyone would even want to see any tutorial by me ^^'

Also! Thank You all for the comments ;)

Yet not published anywhere else sketch for a contest I'm in :D !
    5d20f482a9ef6d1a7501cd5004edebb91266096018_full.jpg
    Still really rough but... adult Sedah is back XD !! (Ihope that as sexy as ever), and together with her my lovely innocent succubus Saalin ^^

Do You guys like it or... is it to shabby yet? (seriously it needs still much work to be done and I'm aware of that >_> )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

thanked for a reason,I love that style of armour[you know,the over complicated,really hard to draw.but-oh-so-worth it]kind.It shows dedication that a lot of the other artists I've seen don't have

• Advertisement

I have a lineart of this last one piece... with a lack of ink ... but it wen't pretty well even with pencil only (this time ;) )

You guys want me to upload it ^^?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sure :D

Ok then...

a9e605de2b59ce0b699fea7ae23711fe1266364757_full.jpg

This version still had several flaws to be fixed (like a lines which lost contrast in scanning >_> ) but all (I guess) had been fixed during the pre-colouring stage.

Right now this piece is 25% coloured. I'll post 50% since it'll be a one full character ;)

One strange question to all of You: which girl would You choose ^^?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ILoveSesshomaru

You're not the first person telling me that ^^'''

Yet I wanted to learn "origins" firstly XD.

Anyway: to draw manga You don't even need to be able to colour things in fact... I wanted to try it only to better show of my characters :D.

I think I'll need to learn photoshop or other program in nearest future to add a bit spicy to my works ^^'. That's the main reason why I digitaly keep also the linearts.

Their really good:) the best way to draw manga is to use Adobe Illustrator with a pen and tablet! just trace over your drawings and the lines come out really nice, dont use photoshop because Illustrator is Vector based, Photoshop is Pixels so it can come out really pixalated and the lines wont be clean! It can be confusing at first but its really worth it ;)

Ok then...

This version still had several flaws to be fixed (like a lines which lost contrast in scanning >_> ) but all (I guess) had been fixed during the pre-colouring stage.

Right now this piece is 25% coloured. I'll post 50% since it'll be a one full character ;)

The one on the right :D

• Advertisement

Ok then...

The 1 on the right looks like she's pretending to be a good girl but she's really not. I bet she has everyone fooled! I like the one on the lefts outfit, really imaginative and original!

The 1 on the right looks like she's pretending to be a good girl but she's really not. I bet she has everyone fooled! I like the one on the lefts outfit, really imaginative and original!

There is much truth into it ^^' (LOL)

Yet Saalin IS a sweet girl to some extend... probably that draws most guys toward choosing her >_>.... but undoubtedly: this girl haves more than one trick up her sleeve ;)

About Sedah... I also like this outfit XD. It was pretty hard to draw it second time in really different poose and still at 'full detqail'. First art of her is my DA gallery's favourite with 100 favs right now XD (despite the fact that I'm still really unknown mangaka ^^')
    Their really good:) the best way to draw manga is to use Adobe Illustrator with a pen and tablet! just trace over your drawings and the lines come out really nice, dont use photoshop because Illustrator is Vector based, Photoshop is Pixels so it can come out really pixalated and the lines wont be clean! It can be confusing at first but its really worth it ;)

That's some nice info!

Real thanks... I guess that once I'll 'repair' a bit my lack of money I'll buy (AT LAST!) a good tablet and try out that program ^^. Vector ones are pretty hard at effects as I heard... but what You said is 100% true

NOW

As I promised: the 50% WIP
    dd4f7720675ed188461e94da7cc5af3e1266446918_full.jpg
    Is she ... sexy? (contest kinda needs her to be... as well as my later manga concept in fact :rolleyes:)

PS: Seph...... I always thought You like a 'badass' over 'cute' ^^'? Guess in terms of girls it doesn't apply in 100% XD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

she'd defintely be classed as sexy,I imagined her with a mostly white/blue colour scheme,but maybe that's just me

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Irlandesaaa

(left) my cosplay project!!! *-*
    now I'm officially cosplayin her lol I'm not that sexy but anyway...xD

There is much truth into it ^^' (LOL)

Yet Saalin IS a sweet girl to some extend... probably that draws most guys toward choosing her >_>.... but undoubtedly: this girl haves more than one trick up her sleeve ;)

About Sedah... I also like this outfit XD. It was pretty hard to draw it second time in really different poose and still at 'full detqail'. First art of her is my DA gallery's favourite with 100 favs right now XD (despite the fact that I'm still really unknown mangaka ^^')

That's some nice info!

Real thanks... I guess that once I'll 'repair' a bit my lack of money I'll buy (AT LAST!) a good tablet and try out that program ^^. Vector ones are pretty hard at effects as I heard... but what You said is 100% true

NOW

As I promised: the 50% WIP
    dd4f7720675ed188461e94da7cc5af3e1266446918_full.jpg
    Is she ... sexy? (contest kinda needs her to be... as well as my later manga concept in fact :rolleyes:)

PS: Seph...... I always thought You like a 'badass' over 'cute' ^^'? Guess in terms of girls it doesn't apply in 100% XD

1) I luv your colouring *-*
    ok ok I'll stop sayin it someday coz u already know lol

2) she's just perfect! sexy, interestin and cool ^_^ (I luv redheads, I'd luv to b one xD, but that's my own opinion actually) so what's the contest about...?sexy female characters? lol

(left) my cosplay project!!! *-*
    now I'm officially cosplayin her lol I'm not that sexy but anyway...xD

whoa good luck! would love to see it completed

I like both actually :) what can you win in this competition?

The very fact that I do draw just for a bit over one and half year... makes me newbie a little :/

Hmmm.... I wonder if anyone would even want to see any tutorial by me ^^'

Also! Thank You all for the comments ;)

OMG!! a couple of years, almost? wow...I've been practicing for 10 (nah, never had any teacher xD) but anyway...I have to tell u I'm truely impressed!!! :D

sure!! I would luv!! actually - you'll see - makin tutorials is quite fun, and a nice way to improve your own technique ^^

whoa good luck! would love to see it completed

http://irlandesaaa.deviantart.com

hahah thankss ^^ I'll b uploadin the pics there btw...fan go bhfeice tú ^^

So to answer everything:

I think that white'n'blue would be nice for few other of my cute OC's ;) (here it would be aswell but Saalin must be a bit more dark for few reasons XD )

About the contest I'm in. It's about: "This particular contest centers around the female body, so anything related to it applies" as it was written... no wonder why I joined XD. (Ok You all can call me perv :p ).

What I would win there? A 2 months DevART membership and feature on page of the guy running the contest.

Do I expect to win? .... I'll be most probably on the 3rd place as in most of contests I've ever joined ....

To ILoveSesshomaru: not only You wait for this cosplay XD. I'm 'dying' to see it XD

To Irlandesaaa: Never stop telling me that You like my colouring XD! It puts a smile on my face whenever I do remind myself US art forum where guys said that I'm not good enough to even do anything really worthwhile with pencils ;P. And about the tutorials... I dunno. Maybe I'll put some but what theme do You suggest? (I don't really know what might be considered as my 'forte' >_< )

• Advertisement

And now something (I hope) everyone was waiting for! My second 50% WIP:
    92cc683e79a0b717ec46a1962f723aad1266789346_full.jpg

And finaly! My contest entry ^^:
    431e2bda5da2fd49b373b83f413c265e1266789354_full.jpg
    Does anyone think I have any chance to win ^^???????

Oh very nice indeed :D

People seem all busy nowadays >_<

Anyway: a new WIP
    f7a6a442370a3b60f5b8aac67be39f4d1267042106_full.jpg
    As always for more than one purpose ^^'''

Still very rough and yet: What do You people think about it ^^?

(Yes I've posted it also in comp thread)

wow thats really good! his clothes are beautiful. You should make a guy with long flowing hair, that would be hot hehe:P

wow thats really good! his clothes are beautiful. You should make a guy with long flowing hair, that would be hot hehe:P

Thanks ^^!

About the guy with long flowing hair.... well.......... I might try (soon). Up till now I have at least one, maybe two orders matching that description (RP forum characters... for RP I run)

Also the news are that Irlandesaaa really interested me with an idea of making tutorials.

I still don't clearly believe anyone would like to listen to such newbie tips and *5min of 'oh I'm so shabby' talk*. Anyway! The very first tutorial would be about something that over 100 people said already that I'm good with... "Armor design"

Here's a little question: If I would be able to make some tutorials despite whole my laziness, would it be ok to make an additional thread just for that??

I think this last question is mostly to Art_Wolf... but of course I can wait with the answer ^_^

PS: The last lineart is 80% coloured atm... but I gotta get some sleep before the math lecture >_>

Ok... so the new art piece is ready :)
    65ed5d95ba95f0763e5d7a0708e419ac1267651575_full.jpg
    How is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

The leather jacket looks great, as does the hair.

I don't like the face at all, kinda boring in my opinion.

The perspective on some of the weapons looks off, and his arms seem to go down to his knees?

The leather jacket looks great, as does the hair.

I don't like the face at all, kinda boring in my opinion.

The perspective on some of the weapons looks off, and his arms seem to go down to his knees?

Well weapons are in multiple angles so there might be possibility of such feeling, yet I double-checked so I doubt if anything is really off (but it did happen one time before with the bolt gun... when I was to lazy to destroy details and correct it XD)

But the arms to knees? Nope... the guy is overall really tall so the knees are way beyond the image here XD

What makes me wonder: what is so boring in that face ^^'??? (I'm not an expert when it comes to males... I cannot say much about quality when it comes to them >_>)

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Whats boring about the face? There's no detail in it. Just some eyes a nose and a mouth drawn onto a blank canvas. Barely any expression.

And about the arms, his hands also go beyond the limits of the drawing, thats why I said they were down to his knees. Certainly longer than most arms naturally look.

• Advertisement

That guy looks really cool,good use of colour.

Advertisement