Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dandare's Works

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Irlandesaaa

And now something (I hope) everyone was waiting for! My second 50% WIP:
    92cc683e79a0b717ec46a1962f723aad1266789346_full.jpg

And finaly! My contest entry ^^:
    431e2bda5da2fd49b373b83f413c265e1266789354_full.jpg
    Does anyone think I have any chance to win ^^???????

well it's veeery likely you'll win the contest ^_^ ya work is quite interestin, lots of details (go háirithe the armour) and an amazing colouring technique - anyone who has a close look to ya drawings will certainly notice twas coloured w/crayon, but it's so perfect that we keep wonderin "how can he do it"?! xD

wow such a looong comment above hahah

anyway, I'm here to talk about my cosplay
    er...ok, better not talk about, but show, yes?
    ^^
    THE_cosplay_I_was_talkin_about_by_Irlandesaaa.jpg

Her__polemical__back____by_Irlandesaaa.jpg

The_best_taken_one__D_by_Irlandesaaa.jpg

also available on http://irlandesaaa.deviantart.com

so...what did u think about...? lol is it similar to the actual character? or would I need to improve a bit?
    thanks in advance!
    ^^'

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DandareRastaban

well it's veeery likely you'll win the contest ^_^ ya work is quite interestin, lots of details (go háirithe the armour) and an amazing colouring technique - anyone who has a close look to ya drawings will certainly notice twas coloured w/crayon, but it's so perfect that we keep wonderin "how can he do it"?! xD

wow such a looong comment above hahah

anyway, I'm here to talk about my cosplay
    er...ok, better not talk about, but show, yes?
    ^^
    THE_cosplay_I_was_talkin_about_by_Irlandesaaa.jpg

Her__polemical__back____by_Irlandesaaa.jpg

The_best_taken_one__D_by_Irlandesaaa.jpg

also available on http://irlandesaaa.deviantart.com

so...what did u think about...? lol is it similar to the actual character? or would I need to improve a bit?
    thanks in advance!
    ^^'

OMG! U made the Vikings come for You XD!
    897b47db2f04504148a62047cd92fab71268675346_full.jpg

... now we're all screwed >_> (since my mechem is in service atm >_< )

I told You Irlandesaaa most of what I wanted to at DevART already XD. Other than this? chains... they're supposed to be connecting plated protectors from one side to another around each thigh.

Now what I already said!:

Your work is AWESOME(!). I can just wonder how much time it took to bring up such nice cosplay... based on overly detailed and really hard project ^^' (Seriously: my designs aren't easiest... that's for sure).

I think we all need to admit that Irlandesaaa does match the character :D

PS: And I didn't won... even wasn't top 3 this time >_<... yet the fun making this piece was enough to make up for it ;) (and I had on it more favs than any of top 3 con works XD). For sure I'll have use for it in future ;)

PS2: Viking...... it's a whole other story why (TH) I made him >_>

Well... I have two things to say atm and two things to ask.

One is that since long time ago some of my older 'pro artist' friends keept saying I should try a bit train in traditional drawings.

For long time I just didn't listen... since I'm quite aware that I'm no good at traditional style.

Well... in the end I've got unfortunately a perfect model and had no choice. It's my colleague from University and her name is Magda.
    098469200355a15535c18a06aa2a9b931269179706_full.jpg
    I have no talent for that... but here's my first question:

What do You people think about that girl ^^?

Second thing is that it's now decided that I'll run a tutorial topic. I have real doubts if I'll manage but I already started making a materials for it.

It'll be a rather loosey and for fun thread which aim is to make all that are interested capable of drawing at least at my level. I'll run it as a series of 'lessons' over some topics and there would be possibility of 'giving me the topic' for next lesson. It means more or less that those who participate would also post results of their work and I'll try to help them with any problems with them.

In the end that brings my second question:
    Who is interested in participating such thing??

The tutorial is almost halfway done. Since that I decided to put up some sneak peek here :D
    df20b99dcdc53883bc7256fa8d9431381269646908_full.jpg
    I hope You all like it.

Now once again: who's interested in trying out own skills once tutorial will be done ^^??

As a bonus: girls I cic draw for my tutorial thread ^^

e2de4792df8980e9e2dc973f61e4d8691270057204_full.jpg
    23c46e9b8b63b19b968376ae3b3c3d3b1270057210_full.jpg
    cefc1dbefcbb64e93b31ba2adf963de21270057216_full.jpg
    3799a7c6b65debf6bd6dccc5fc34d1771270057222_full.jpg
    de7f8be53ae9f5de19ab73c5a69c1dc61270057228_full.jpg

Once I'll have time to colour them I'll definitely paste them with some bio's ;)

One only notice is that those are my OC from one of two Manga stories I write script for I titled 'Netherlay' (second one is 'Undead')

• Advertisement

Well then: Firstly let me show what came out of some of the earlier linearts:
    865940210fa7bf4f3dd2afb17f1f83711270475232_full.jpg
    e1076cad4858b43509f4e478e95e7d631270475246_full.jpg

And now something a bit... new:
    c38bd67cae1c29f8ce3222d45c9187b71270475227_full.jpg

Yes... did to many shoujo girls drawings... had to use this as my remedy XD

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That last drawing is very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Amazing drawings , my son is really interested in art ,he loves to draw (he is only 9), he is mesmerized by your drawings , keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Blue_Seas

May I ask something?
    I also love to draw in the anime/manga style. Do you use pose references from anywhere or do you get it all out of your head (like... do you look at a panel from a manga and change it depending on what you're drawing or do you block out each part of the body... if that makes sense :pac:)?
    Also... how old are you? XD

That last drawing is very cool.

As always thanks Sephiroth ^^!

• Advertisement

Shammy wrote: »
    Amazing drawings , my son is really interested in art ,he loves to draw (he is only 9), he is mesmerized by your drawings , keep it up.

Nice XD!

I really appreciate any such information ^^. In fact most probably Your son is my Youngest fan ever ;) (up till now my little sister and her friends seem to be... but they're 11 ). I'm touched by that info ^^

Know what? It might take me a while since my... new crazy idea... and Uni exams (exams again T_T...) but ask Your son to write some look description of a character. Once I'll get it I'll try to work out a full art piece based on that description (hope he'll like it ^^).

Blue_Seas wrote: »
    May I ask something?
    I also love to draw in the anime/manga style. Do you use pose references from anywhere or do you get it all out of your head (like... do you look at a panel from a manga and change it depending on what you're drawing or do you block out each part of the body... if that makes sense :pac:)?
    Also... how old are you? XD

So:

Firstly answer for the last question: I'm 21 >_>..... yeah I'm awfully oooooold T_T (at least I feel that way lately)

About pose references. Well whenever I draw some new pose I often do a little research over... mostly around 50-200 art pieces of artists I like. I study either how to 'put the whole thing into perspective I want' or 'if there are things I would like to use'... Also the pictures of a living true-life models help me sometimes. But one notice: Avoid tracing! Portray things and look through the way they were made. This way later You will have an easier way making something in 100% from head (later it'll be even easier to do it that way... well when You have an inspiration that is). In monsters case it's worse >_> Mostly what is on my mind is weird enough to ...not have any refference at all which could help me T_T

Hope I wasn't to much boring ^^'. My friend once told me I'm doing everything weird way so... it might be that my advices aren't best ones to think over XD. Also: I'm a pretty newbie myself. Really! I started drawing seriously less than 2 years ago >_>

Ok so let's share some news ^^

An interesting thing to say is that not long ago I've been scouted by ... an Irish manga publishing studio XD!

To all people interested, You can visit it here: http://zenpop.org/

Zenpop is a really cool idea in my point of view and I really hope I'll be a worthy member of their crew. There is a possibility that my drawing tutorials would be moved to Zenpop magazine (most probably first issue will have Armor Design in it). Also if anyone is interested in digital art then could learn something about it by Zenpop. (personally I decided to learn about it there)

Other than this:

A little set of new drawings ^^

3e0bddda65ddf0ad475753827b6f68161272549582_full.jpg
    14e9919bea5cfa5654bffb8ad1be2a601272549592_full.jpg
    And a little sketch for something special ... hopefully
    875d2e35a711ee748cf4a35acae14e381272549577_full.jpg

EDITED PS:
    Also ... I did notice that my topic became a most visited one in whole Anime & Manga section on boards.ie . REAL THANKS PEOPLE XD!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

you attention to detail never ceases to amaze me :o

Laplace done XD!:
    eb0ea5a07a567d680dbeadc19005a0e51273067688_full.jpg
    Hope Y'all like it ^^

(how's the detail Cherryghost ^^?)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When will you be releasing your comic book :D?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'd definately purchase a set of comic book prints off you, thats for sure. I <3 your work! :D

Heh... real thanks for such words ^^. It really helps me with drawing :D

In fact it's only a question of 'when I'll get it done'. Since Zenpop would most proabably publish me without hesitation XD (both: Ellen and Jade seem to like my works ^^). Yet: blame me for being quite lazy and my Uni for it's exam period (worst thing about studies....)

Right now I can reveal that I am seriously trying to bring up not one but 2 releases... One I started making up a while ago now. What's most problematic for me.... as always... backgrounds >_> (I can make them now but they're still 'not amazing'...)

Also!!

An important thing to say is that soon enough Zenpop Magazine (it might be named differently in fact... still not decided) would get published. I did put 'some' work into it and many other talented Irish artists put even more. Seem it'll be an interesting sort of lecture for anyone interested in manga :D (I would get one free.... yep tiny things really make me happy ^^)

Ok. In hope that I didn't bore You all to death with my loooong talk :pac:. A little 'Sorry gift' from me:
    65b55d83f7aecb304754b7adcbb0a51f1273591332_full.jpg
    This time it's not my character but one I made as gift for one friend. It's her alter ego called Uriko. I made it based only on description but I think I did succed since her first comment was:
    HOLY GOD ITS HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER :O u made her perfectly O_O *hugs ur legs* i LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUU

If I heard that directly... I would probably blush ^^'. Need to colour it for her XD!

Just a thought. Would you consider doing a talk at Nom-con or Eirtakon this year? Would be great to meet you in the flesh, and see how you put some of your skills to work :o

I'd definately purchase a set of comic book prints off you, thats for sure. I <3 your work! :D

As would I,so get it out asap :D

• Advertisement

Well... as I said I do work over 2 pieces. The thing is it's pretty hard to continue work on them while having all those math, law and economics related exams at Uni (still 4 to go :( )

As for the talk CherryGhost:

I'm pretty much sure I'll attend Nom-Con. Yet undoubtedly I doubt in them letting me do a talk XD (no one really knows me that much). I plan meeting there with rest of Zenpop Publishing and have prepared at least a full set of artwork for printing my manga (hopefully...)

As a little sneak-peek (already second) to what I'm doing (art-related) atm... let me present Zizu ^^:
    f74f15ffe84eec13446085f2139cd7891274816698_full.jpg
    Hope You all like that girl ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

i haven't taken the time to read every page in the thread but its nice to see the improvements you have made over 2 years, very well done! but why have you not gone to art college?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

did you ever draw sephiroth again after? :) if someone wants i'll give it a go and post it up in a few times once i'm finished college :D

did you ever draw sephiroth again after? :) if someone wants i'll give it a go and post it up in a few times once i'm finished college :D

Go for it!

but why have you not gone to art college?:pac:
    ..................................... I didn't thought about that...

Hehe.

Ok more seriously: Thanks for comments ^^. Also if You wish to try Sephiroth fanart: GO FOR IT XD!. My skill were at the time to low to make it look decent... and nowadays I doubt in finding time for it in nearest time (seriously I keep getting some requests)... also : I'm not good fanart artist... I go for originality ;P.

When You get done Your Sephiroth piece feel free to post it here ^^. I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy Your ard work ^^

Also: sorry for not being here lately... exam period is a crazy time, there were moments when I had no idea what is the actual date or when I was born.

To try to make up a bit for it I post some of my works I done in 'meantime' (meantime is a truly magical thing... no one really ever knows when anyone done something done in meantime XD)

Hope You all enjoy them ^^:
    9ee6fb6b36cdb3a2b49c30d80183989f1277418948_full.jpg
    c4f639e2a053c46b8a98bf10477940b91276104286_full.jpg
    And some linearts...
    b288360511ee57694765ed1451d97a161276978901_full.jpg
    e693b4dd5446aaa6472d9ab4680960991277418941_full.jpg

552c1ceb126de992968731dd74210af91278771928_full.jpg
    YOO!!

As everyone knows: the summer is at its fullest. It doesn't only mean a wonderful light summer fashion (still it's one of best things at summer ^^) but also slightly more time to enjoy ourselves and what's even more important: huge and exciting events XD

If no one knows what the check I'm aiming at: I'm proud to announce that if anyone would like to meet me in person, then I'll be present at a NOM-CON with a full fledge of carbon pencils and my mystical grimoire. Yet that are not most happy news since: whole majority of Zenpop crew decided to be there!

More info about that could be found on: http://zenpop.org/2010/08/nom-con-2010/

I hope everyone would have real fun there and... I hope to scout some nice price otaku goods >_>.

Anyway! Cyaa at the NOM-CON :D!

PS: After checking 'Know your fellow Otaku!' thread I know now few things!

Our otaku girls are cute, crazy and creative and guys doesn't match picture of soo ridiculed 'glassed-fatty' we might know from otaku parodies ^^; (in fact they're awesome!). I think such great crew would make even Konata proud XD! ... still I won't show up there for now... later... maybe

PS2: If I were about to start makin a Youtube drawing instructions or such... would anyone like to watch? Jade from Zenpop already made some electronic media ones and they're great. I wondered if I can take a competition in that ^_^

9740b68fd2a1798789ef9f05945f63931278771934_full.jpg
    Sorries for long post ;P . I guess I wasn't here too long ^^

Nice! I've seen your drawings get better in the months too. Fair play. Hopefully I'll meet ya in person next weekend so :) I'll be dressed as Death the Kid :pac:

And yes, I would be interested in some youtube tutorials and such.

oh very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Mallow, an artist and wants to make instructional videos, why does that sound familiar :D.

I can't draw or paint for my life, but i do like these youtube videos especially as you can see everything come together, i'd watch.

• Advertisement

Greetings ^^

e200b18d1dba6490b810a81c55f61fba1292605685_full.jpg

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated- as said once Mark Twain

Some of you might probably think I did gave up on art since I wasn't here since Nom-Con and did not upload anything on my Devart gallery either. It's nowhere near truth ^^. In fact I've spend almost any free while developing my skill, scripts and working all over on my own characters. Some of those works would appear here once I'll give them a finishing touch and scan them XD. Other would probably appear within Zenpop Magazine! The last ones (but ones which took me most time) would appear as my own series ^^

BTW: Zenpop site is currently being rearranged. I think that once it'll be on You all might find a lot of new interesting things on it: such as new artists which were chosen to become part of our crew.

I would post within this forum a one art-piece a week. What to expect? Cute loli girls with giant cleavers and maid-like 90-60-90 girls with sabers.... as well as many many more ^^ (Neko scythe moe XD!!! ~*got hit with the lamp for spoiler shouting*)

Next week I would post my very first digital artwork ever made.

I did not start an instructional movies due to 2 reasons: not enough interest and not enough time :P

Lastly: wish me luck on my Uni exams ;)

Advertisement