Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dandare's Works

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DandareRastaban

As promised - my very first digital art:
    800cf2f46d8e96c334bb1733652b9feb1295984983_full.jpg
    Hope you like it ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Irlandesaaa

omg!!!!!! this is just outstanding!!! fair play, gan amhras *worship*
    i'd luv to see more of your digital art ;) but keep your traditional comin too, it's unique after all ^^

As always: great thanks for a feedback ^^!

I didn't even thought you would reply here Irlandesaaa after already replying to my msg on devART. I'm pleased :D

About this weeks art: I know I should have upload it on Monday yet... It's still halfway done >_<. I know I know... It's only my fault. Yet I was doing my own manga panel in meantime and this week I even got to making some pages which could be considered as... a fan service XD. Why I mention it? For manga artists it's almost an unwritten law to present some fanservice for gallery page views :rolleyes:.

This week... this topic... already had more than 50,000 views!

3bca765e5ab3c6cbe0b28935870cb1e51297192256_full.jpg
    THANKS PEOPLE !!!

Ok then... the promised 'sneak peek' of the "Undead" series I'm working on. It's still with no bg, no text and no ink... so I guess it's 33% done. Yet! I think some of you might enjoy it... I hope.
    4c195e4bb61350ef75f0c875eef7e6aa1297190910_full.jpg

8e0dd7222c3fdae0e91993c70156b59e1297190917_full.jpg

Now.... we aim for a 100,000 views XD

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Irlandesaaa

aww i luv the chibi above *glimmers*
    fáilte!! well actually you've been a little absent there ^^"

i totally agree about the fanservice thing, maybe i should make some more >.<

hahah yeahh 100000 views!! i'll do my best to help :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

some real cool drawings there dan.

• Advertisement

Thanks Sephiroth dude ^^. I am really happy to see you here once more.

Also thanks to Irlandesaaa. I'm glad you liked that chibi XD. It's in fact portion of raw pencil sketch for a new few pages comic for Zenpop magazine... well when it'll might appear even I have no idea yet :P (everyone is busy lately)

About "why I did not post here anything new"/// For over a week I had flu and suffered over 39 fever (ok such fever only 3 days). To be honest ... I'm still not really over it >_>.

I Have a several interesting linearts along with information that those characters are meant to appear in storyline I'm working on. Still two of them are just halfway coloured by now and two other remain linearts...

I'm really angry on myself that I can't show them in colour and spoil them as a lineart... well only 2 out of 5 prepared and 7 planned though to keep some surprise (not to mention that I won't say a word on who they are for now ;P). Also I think it won't be that bad if I post them here in full colour later on...

I hope you'll enjoy:
    4fd5ac0d5b63acc91e1dff7b02bde7631288128141_full.jpg
    27aff3300b72ec6d3a57571f5f94c6b91292537794_full.jpg
    PS: devart account 'great reactivation' still didn't happen... it's also due to that flu >_<... I hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

You should learn some anatomy.

It will improve your figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

You should learn some anatomy.

It will improve your figures.

+ 1 Also composition - nearly all your figures get cut off below the knee and it reads as bad planning and lack of understanding of composition rather then intentional. Also keeping limbs like arms behind or right in front of the body and the legs locked together is weak as it makes the pose very hard to read and makes them very flat - as the late great Ollie Johnston said "Draw clear, not clean". A good trick is to turn the drawings into silhouettes and see how the pose reads [known as Silhouette Value]. It will help with understanding the break down of more dynamic poses and the use of things like negative space and line of action in creating them. Page 3 of the Comic Strip Artist's Kit has good visual examples of how just improving a characters line of action can change a pose from being very flat and wooden to much more interesting and dynamic.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Learn anatomy like Cy_Revenant said. Most manga artists start with traditional figure drawing then start drawing deformed manga characters once they have an understanding of the human figure.

Advertisement