Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dashboard Lights out on 02' Avensis... Bulb or Fuse?

Options
  • 10-11-2008 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem before.

The car is a 2002 Toyota Avensis Saloon.
    I've only one light left working on my dash - the other 2/3 dashboard lights seemed to go out at the same time. I've had a look through the manual but it doesn't say anything about this problem.

Just wondering if anyone knows if it's just a fuse that needs replacing, or if the dash will have to be opened up, and if so at what cost.

Any help appreciated.

Mic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Have you checked the rheostat (the switch for adjsuting instrument illumination brightness)?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mickeyluv

I don't think it's a problem with the rheostat... there's still one light working on the dash where the rev counter is.

Thanks, M.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Check the fuse, at least you can then rule it out. The fuse box is located on the dashboard, to the right of the steering wheel below the electric mirror switch to my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,318 ✭✭✭alias no.9

It's unlikely to be the fuse because they'll all be on the same fuse.

Advertisement