Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday Evenings in UCD

Options
  • 10-11-2008 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

So, I'm doing my masters in UCD but living in Cork for most of the week. Generally, I'm in Dublin for Tuesday and Wednesday (Go back on Wednesday evening). Has anybody got any suggestions for meeting and getting to know some people on Tuesday evenings?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

Well some societies have events on tuesdays.
    i spend my tuesdays watching the TV series Heroes and Fringe with Sci-Fi, I'm not sure about other tuesday events but you could check

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Cheers, might check that out next week. Looking for something (a society, I guess) where I wouldn't feel like a tard walking in on my own and it's easy enough to get chatting to people. I only know a couple of people up here at the moment and I'm only half friends with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Must Have Music

well you could try some sports club? theyre usually good fun, im not sure whats on on a tues night tho - they generally go to the bar after practice, which isnt usually too strenuous, tho that depends a wee bit on the sport!its easy to just join in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

As far as I know Ninjitsu train on Tuesday nights, I did it at the start of first year, great fun.

Gamesoc run events pretty much every night, drop me a PM if you want more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Come up to Belfield FM and do a radio shoW. Here till 11 Mon-Fri. www.belfieldfm.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Thanks guys, I'm not down next Tuesday but I'll definitely check out the suggestions on this thread for the next time that I am up for a Tuesday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Sarchasm

the english literary society have creative writing workshops on tuesday nights, everyones nice, they usually go to the forum bar after.

Lawsoc usually have debates on tuesday nights apart from that maybe try to organise a night out with your masters class?

Advertisement