Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Tesco's Warning

Options
  • 10-11-2008 2:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

I've used Tesco's a number of times lately in Drogheda.

Please be aware that the machines that allow you to scan your prices are consistently coming up with the wrong prices.
    (by the way so will the cash tills be linked to the same stock priced database)

One case in point is SMA Baby food. Price at the aisle where I picked it up was 11.50 - at the checkout it was scanned and the price was 13.99

This wrong pricing has happened many times now and every time it has happened, I bring it to the attention of the staff
    - but no one seems to be bothering their ass doing anything about it.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL - CHECK YOUR ITEMS PRICES!

(Mods - Normally this or similar thread might go in the consumer section but this is (at the moment) a regional shop issue so I post it here.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Thanks for that, must keep an eye on it , i do some shopping in there at least once a week
    Dont they have some rule if you spot a dicrepancy with the pricing, they give it to you for free or double the difference in cash back or am i thinking of some other supermarket.?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

No, you're correct. Last week we were shopping in Tesco Dundalk Hardware dept. and bought a toy priced at €19.99 but at the til we were charged €22.99. We pointed it out to the girl who called over another member of staff to check it out. Because we were right we got a full refund and the toy for free.:)
    We were told that this was Tesco's policy for any pricing errors.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Darn, wish I'd known that.
    They are not informing the Drogheda folk fo that price policy for obvious reasons!

They should get their act together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

It's Tesco's policy not to inform the customer of their no quibble policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭gipi

Funnily enough I was in Tesco Drogheda today for the first time in ages. I bought 7 items and 2 of them rang up at a higher price than advertised (I was overcharged by 1.35 on a 15 euro spend). I queried it as the checkout operator rang the items up so the supervisor corrected the prices there and then.

I did see on another forum that Tesco will only refund the full price for errors made after you've bought and paid for your shopping- so you've got to go to customer services to arrange for a refund rather than do what I did and correct them at the checkout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

I always check my till receipts from Tescos as I find they constantly make mistakes, and it is usually to their advantage. Sometimes they have things on special offer but when you go through the till, you are charged the normal full price. I have to bring things to their attention all the time.

Graceland wrote: »
    I always check my till receipts from Tescos as I find they constantly make mistakes, and it is usually to their advantage. Sometimes they have things on special offer but when you go through the till, you are charged the normal full price. I have to bring things to their attention all the time.

Same, especially in the old shopping centre branch...

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

i getloads of stuff for free in tesco.dont make them aware at the counter as they will only give u back the difference.go to customer service after u buy it and they half to give
    It for free.they have a no quiblle policy so if they say anything to u contact
    There head
    Department

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    i getloads of stuff for free in tesco.dont make them aware at the counter as they will only give u back the difference.go to customer service after u buy it and they half to give
    It for free.they have a no quiblle policy so if they say anything to u contact
    There head
    Department

True! True! I got free McCluskeys sliced pan one day...

Noticed on Saturday in Tescos, in old shopping centre, Dundalk, that the Irish Times is still marked as €1.80 on the shelf when it went up a while ago to €2.00. Too many at the customer services desk and I hadn't the time to get it for free but worth checking out now! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

There's no customers service desk at the Drogheda West St branch unless you mean the counter that is inside the main doors selling cigs and lottery items!

• Advertisement

Biggins wrote: »
    There's no customers service desk at the Drogheda West St branch unless you mean the counter that is inside the main doors selling cigs and lottery items!

One and the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

sudzs wrote: »
    True! True! I got free McCluskeys sliced pan one day...

Noticed on Saturday in Tescos, in old shopping centre, Dundalk, that the Irish Times is still marked as €1.80 on the shelf when it went up a while ago to €2.00. Too many at the customer services desk and I hadn't the time to get it for free but worth checking out now! ;)

Irish Times is €1.80 Mon-Fri. It's only €2.00 on a Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 brucescclark

Irish Times is €1.80 Mon-Fri. It's only €2.00 on a Saturday.

A lot of newsagents and garages don't scan newpapers and just enter the price manually, so often I get charged the €1.80 on a Saturday by staff who don't know better.

Not that 20c/week is going to save me from impending bankruptcy!

Advertisement