Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Mobile 6 smartphone & Vodafone

• 10-11-2008 2:17pm
    Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a Glofiish X800 with my Vodafone SIM in it. It seems to be able to access the Internet, insofar as it can download mail from my IMAP server, but I can't open web pages.

If I try to open a web page in Internet Explorer the status bar says "Locating...", then "Opening...", then I get a "connection was lost" message.

I'm waiting for a callback from Vodafone, but as it's not a Vodafone-supplied handset, I'm not sure they'll be able to help me. I'm using the APN "live.vodafone.com" - is this correct for 3G/HSDPA use? Any other settings I need to know about?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Check out the settings/networks... sticky above.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106942
    You should get the full settings there.
    (the default settings that come with handsets like the eten are often wrong so put them in manually).
    AFAIK you can use either the live.vodafone.com apn or the isp.vodafone.ie but i think the data rates are very different depending on
    the apn, so make sure to check them.
    Others here know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 reaper7

Finally got Internet set up on my X800 using the Following:

Eten X800 Glofish HSPDA Settings

Set up a Cellular (GPRS) connection:-

APN: isp.vadafone.ie
    Username: vodafone
    Password: vodafone
    Domain: Blank

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Also this APN works to, APN: hs.vadafone.ie (Seems to be the same speed?)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Yay, that works! Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭gerryR

Just watch your bill,

I used isp.vodafone.ie a long time ago when setting up a WM device and got a heafty data charge as data from that AP wasn't included in my data add on.

It all depends on what tarrif your on though.

gr

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Will do, ta.

Mind you, they'll be getting a stern word from me if there's a big data charge - I asked them how to sort this, and they never got back to me.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

If you are using the ISP ANP Make Sure you get the 1GB ISP addon on your account
    If not you Will get a hefty bill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Does it go to the vodaphone homepage?
    As if you go through this as PayG you can do the 99c daily thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

it's not as simple as going through the vodafone homepage. You have to be connected via the vodafone live access point instead of vodafone isp one to get the 99c a day deal

Advertisement