Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shels vs Limerick FC - Sat Nov 15th 7.45pm Tolka Park, Dublin

• 10-11-2008 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Shels have it in their own hands to win the first division and get back into the premier ... Will be attending to cheer on the lads who have done great to get this far with so little resources. Keeleys a legend ...

Hope all hard core and fair weather Shels fans can attend to cheer on the real reds too :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

LizardKing wrote: »
    Hope to attend

:eek:

Going to be an epic evening.

Get down to Tolka.

Anyone with a passing interest in Shels should be at this game.

EVERYONE DOWN TO TOLKA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Wish I could go :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Dying for this, having made 46 out of 47 games this season (home, away, friendlies and the cup) I've been waiting for this day since that night in Beggsboro, Cabra when we played Cork in our first match of the season.

C'mon the Reds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Should I point out that Limerick FC have been a defunct team for a few years now?!;)

Limerick 37.

Should I point out that Limerick FC have been a defunct team for a few years now?!;)

Limerick 37.

Didn't even cop that myself, Limerick FC as of next season (again).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Dundalk coming up would be much better for the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Didn't even cop that myself, Limerick FC as of next season (again).

We're the new Wimbeldon/MK Dons!!!:D

SectionF wrote: »

May I ask how?

We're the new Wimbeldon/MK Dons!!!:D

Bring Leo and his tail up on Friday, he deserves some abuse...again.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ah it's grand, sure there's need for another Dublin team in the Premier considering yourselves and UCD on the way down ;):D

• Advertisement

May I ask how?
    More fans, proper base, more geographical spread, v. ... ??? what would Shels bring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

They've had enough chances. It's not Shels fault Dundalk have ballsed up promotion for three of the last four years.

what would Shels bring?

Becoming the only North Dublin team in the League Of Ireland Premier Division thank you very much.:p

More fans, proper base, more geographical spread, v. ... ??? what would Shels bring?

More fans? Slightly, in saying that we have easily the best and most consistant away support all season over all 22 LoI teams.

Bit rich coming from Bohs about fans and proper base.:rolleyes:
    They've had enough chances. It's not Shels fault Dundalk have ballsed up promotion for three of the last four years.

Indeed, hopefully do a "4 in a Row" this season.:D

SantryRed wrote: »
    Becoming the only North Dublin team in the League Of Ireland Premier Division thank you very much.:p
    Shelbourne is a south Dublin team.

:cool: Once a Southside club, always a Southside club.:pac:

Playing on the Northside;)

Can't believe there's another full four days to this game.

Already getting nervous:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

More fans? Slightly, in saying that we have easily the best and most consistant away support all season over all 22 LoI teams.
    Seeing as their crowds in the First aren't a whole lot less than yours in the Premier, footballing tradition history that the club have (sure to bring back lapsed fans and location (only club in locality) I think it's safe to say they would have higher crowds than yourselves.

Previous crowds for comparison:

Dundalk - 1,459 (1,406; 1,078; 474; 591)
    Shels - 925 (888; 1,690 PD; 1,949 PD; 2,158 PD)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Seeing as their crowds in the First aren't a whole lot less than yours in the Premier, footballing tradition history that the club have (sure to bring back lapsed fans and location (only club in locality) I think it's safe to say they would have higher crowds than yourselves.

But as with all...ahem..non-Dublin sides, that depends if they're doing well. Dundalk in the Premier not doing well will bring few compared to Shels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Limerick 37.

There official website calls them Limerick FC

http://www.limerickfc.ie/

• Advertisement

:cool: Once a Southside club, always a Southside club.:pac:
    Precisely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I'm not a devout follower of the league of ireland tbh but I do keep an eye on Limericks progress in Div 1. They seem to have had a decent enough season so the game at the weekend could be a tricky one for Shelbourne?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Limerick are playing some good stuff this season, should be an interesting match.

Aidric wrote: »
    I'm not a devout follower of the league of ireland tbh but I do keep an eye on Limericks progress in Div 1. They seem to have had a decent enough season so the game at the weekend could be a tricky one for Shelbourne?

Most definitely, last time we won 2-1 (after losing 1-0 in I remember correcting) and then the last game in Tolka against them they beat us 2-0.:eek:

Most definitely, last time we won 2-1 (after losing 1-0 in I remember correcting) and then the last game in Tolka against them they beat us 2-0.:eek:

We were one nil up then one all then won 2-1.

Limerick are 3 months unbeaten away for home. It will be tough. But all runs have to come to an end sometime:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Ooh it'll be a nail biter me thinks, I'd prefer to see Shels winning it myself.
    LMAO @ Des banned from soccer:confused::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭rovingrover

Whether Shels are a north or southside team surely Bohs are another northside team in the premier division.

No gimme for Shels on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Damn it!! I really want to go to this game! Granted I'm a fair weather Shels fan, I've been keeping an eye on them all season, but I'm going to the match in Croke Park at 5.15pm so I'll try and leg it from there to make it to this game at 7.45pm. Should have enough time.

I'd love to see shels going back up, if we don't go up this year it'll be a different league next year, much tougher to get up. I'll have to wear my Shels jersey (bought one this season - at last!) under my Ireland jersey and give it one last push for promotion...COME ON SHELS!!! :p

You should have at least a half an hour to get to Tolka.

You'll be grand getting there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Just watch the rugby in fagans then head to tolka.

Wonder will there be extra Limerick fans on Saturday so?

After the rugby game, some may pop in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

2 nil Shels, and then a night of extreme celebration and a big middle finger to the FAI.

DSB wrote: »
    2 nil Shels, and then a night of extreme celebration and a big middle finger to the FAI.

Hopefully my game's off Sunday morning:(

Limerick are the only team to beat us at Tolka this season right? This is something we defo have to put right on Sat.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I haven't seen Limerick play anywhere near as often as I wanted to this season, but I've been hearing great things about their recent form. John Tierney for a hat-trick to make Shels wait another week? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

An Fhile wrote: »
    I haven't seen Limerick play anywhere near as often as I wanted to this season, but I've been hearing great things about their recent form. John Tierney for a hat-trick to make Shels wait another week? :D

:eek: Another week? I cannay do i' cap'n!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I wouldnt mind going to this game. Unfortunately i've made it to very few Limerick games this season! There should be a great atmosphere and im sure there will be a strong team out for Limerick and a good performance hopefully. I say we will definetly want to put a spanner in the works for Shels :D

Hopefully Leo will be there too, what a legend! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I hate shels but i would like to see them in the premier division again. there was always a great atmosphere when they came to the Cross and i look forward to that again. Good luck ye b*****ds.:D

Nerves at me, butterflies, hungover, everything at feckin' once. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I gave up All-Blacks tickets for this... it's already worth it...
    Nerves!

• Advertisement

I just hope these 4 hours fly by. Nothing can beat this feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Come on the ****ing reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

sick :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

GOING UP GOING UP DUNDALKSS GOING UP nanna nanaaa naaa going up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This thread got very quiet all of a sudden. Hee! Hee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

Awww, diddums. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Congratulations to Dundalk. Personally I'm delighted for you guys, you've been banging on the PL door way too long so it'll be good to finally see you up against the best next year.

With that said though, hard luck on Shels. Doesn't get much tougher than that. Hopefully the Dundalk fans can be just as gracious in victory as I'm sure the Shels fans will be in defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

All I can say is - SH1TE.
    That was absolutely heartbreaking.
    ...Congratulations to Dundalk, you proved me wrong, but jaysus, that was poxy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Absolutely ecstatic that Dundalk are going up and Shels are not!!!

Couldn't be happier!!!

sad for dermot keely though, he's a sound fella.

• Advertisement
Advertisement