Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tour operator messed up

Options
  • 10-11-2008 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi All
    hoping to get some advice off someone who might know a bit more than myself.

basically we booked a holiday 4 months ago with a tour operator,the day that we were flying out changed about 3 weeks before the departure date which wasnt a big problem.

They e mailed an e ticket with flight number and times etc,the night before we were due to fly out i checked the departure times of the outgoing aircraft from the airport,however there was no mention of our flight,there was one 3 hours earlier and another one 2 hours later both with different flight numbers,so we decided to head to the airport first thing to get it sorted.

it turned out we were on the earlier flight but they hadnt bothered to ring us or let us know,so in effect we we would have missed our flight(as it turned out the flight was delayed for 11 hours as well)

id just like to know what my rights are and who i can complain to seeing as we could have potentially missed our flight as well as being 11 hours delayed due to crew rest and a faulty aircraft,and also losing 1 day of our holiday

any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Complain to the tour operator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭rottweiler

course im going to complain to the tour operator but id first like to know what my rights are before i go in and rip them over the counter or id suppose having a letter of complaint would be better than going in like a lunatic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Going in like a lunatic won't make the person you're talking to want to help you much, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just take it on the chin, and remember next time not to wait til the night before to check that all the details are correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

just take it on the chin, and remember next time not to wait til the night before to check that all the details are correct

What a langer of a response, real helpful

OP: Your rights are here:
    http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Learning_Zone/Guides_To_Consumer_Law/Travel/Package%20holidays/

Unfortunatly since you took the alternative flight i don't think you have much comeback, however i would contact them and perhaps they can sort you out with a goodwill gesture, voucher etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

craichoe wrote: »
    What a langer of a response, real helpful

OP: Your rights are here:
    http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Learning_Zone/Guides_To_Consumer_Law/Travel/Package%20holidays/

Unfortunatly since you took the alternative flight i don't think you have much comeback, however i would contact them and perhaps they can sort you out with a goodwill gesture, voucher etc.

Actually most airlines tell you to check 72 hours before your flight that flight times etc haven't changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Actually most airlines tell you to check 72 hours before your flight that flight times etc haven't changed.

Indeed, a delay would be fine and understandable, but the flight leaving earlier than expected would require the op to re-arrange days off work etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭rottweiler

cheers craichoe
    i got on to them and was basically told to put in writing and wait for a response,if im not happy they told me to take it to the small claims court,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

what redress are you looking for from the tour operator ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement