Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Internal/Eternal Megadeth Vs. Metallica War

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I think Rust In Peace tour was April 91 as the following year Metallica played one month, Megadeth the next and Faith No More was a month or two later.

Remember sweating wondering where the money would come from for the tickets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Tigger wrote: »
    the rust in peace on was april 1st 1990 i rember people saying it had been cancelled (cos of the april fools thing~)

Nearly fell for that one myself, not that it mattered as i couldn't go in the end anyway. :/

Was well f*cked off about it too as i'm actually a longtime Almighty fan.

Nea wrote: »
    I think Rust In Peace tour was April 91 as the following year Metallica played one month, Megadeth the next and Faith No More was a month or two later.

Remember sweating wondering where the money would come from for the tickets!

I stand corrected.
    You're right Nea, makes a lot of sense as it was September 1990 when Rust In Peace was released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭kevin_de_big

myst wrote: »
    mustaine has got increasingky better since Killing is my Buisness and in contrast hetfield has got consistantly worse since And Justice. . .

but now dave would be a better sing then james!! and a better song writer too!!

just compare riffs from rust in piece to any metallica riffs! it blows them outta the water!! dont get me wrong i love metallica ! but megadave just is more inventive with his ideas and riffs. his lyrics maybe ****e in alot of cases but he is by far a better musican!

I'm sure he has. But unfortunately, likely to my own loss, I heard him as well as Hetfield at the foundational age of about twelve, and couldn't stand it then. This hasn't vacillated. I never adored Megadeth, their sonic just never appealed. To each their own I suppose. You are right about Mustaine being better, but that's because it's completely subjective. I'm typing this whilst listening to Carcass for interest's sake.

To be honest, I don't listen to either of them really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

This thread is still going? :pac:

In short: two once great bands who pioneered an innovative and exciting form of music in their own separate ways, who then got tired of the form, changed entirely, unfortunately lost their form in doing so as their commercial appeal grew and have vainly struggled to attain any sort of artistic relevance during their backpedalling but still provide a gateway for the young folk to find their way to other Metal :)

• Advertisement

Doctor J wrote: »
    This thread is still going? :pac:

In short: two once great bands who pioneered an innovative and exciting form of music in their own separate ways, who then got tired of the form, changed entirely, unfortunately lost their form in doing so as their commercial appeal grew and have vainly struggled to attain any sort of artistic relevance during their backpedalling but still provide a gateway for the young folk to find their way to other Metal :)

We got a winner here folks, lock the thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Betallica

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    You're funny, kid. I like you. :)
    You too, wiseman. :)
    And if you was 15 when TBA was relased, the you're the child one. ;)

I don't like you. :D

Betallica wrote: »
    You too, wiseman. :)
    And if you was 15 when TBA was relased, the you're the child one. ;)

I don't like you. :D

Oooh, someone lost their dentures this morning! ;)

Advertisement