Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Cameras on the Prom

Options
  • 10-11-2008 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

There are two security cameras on the Prom, at the junction with Dalysford road. I was wondering if anyone knows if these are Garda Cameras, or Private ones, Because every time I walk by, one of them is pointing up to the appartment across the road! If it is a Police camera, surely it would be better
    pointed up the road to keep an eye traffic etc. Any one else notice this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

They are Garda cameras.
    Maybe there is something going on in that apartment that is keeping the garda monitoring the footage amused?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

They are Garda cameras.

The 'camera' pointing to the apartment above is infact NOT a camera, and is NOT pointing to the apartment. It is infact the wireless transmitter which sends the CCTV images to the Gardai. Next time you're on the prom look at the wireless device, and look where it is pointing to - You'll see it's pointing to the big arial in the Garda station. Now look even closer, and you'll see a device on that arial which looks exactly like the device on the prom which you think is a camera - This is the receiver which picks up the CCTV images send by the transmitter

If you think i'm wrong, take a look at the road - there is no evidence of the road being dug up between these cameras and the Garda Station, and there's no cables going directly from the cameras to the Garda Station

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

JohnCleary wrote: »
    They are Garda cameras.

Damn you JC Sir! In before me!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Steyr wrote: »
    Damn you JC Sir! In before me!;)

I'm hungover and croaked on the couch - I do believe that a boards.ie tab in my browser will be open all day :p

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭renmorescout

Now you have taken all the mystery away ! I was much happier to think there
    was mischief afoot! Sorry to have disturbed your hungover monday!

• Advertisement
Advertisement