Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martellos Restaurant

Options
  • 10-11-2008 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just wondering does anyone know what happened to Martello's restaurant up in Millmount ? Went there a few weeks ago and it was closed and the phone number was not in service, am i right in assume they've closed down ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭D.R Adams

I really hope its not, i went there twice before and its a great restaurant, lovely owners who always greeted you. Last time i was there was summer and it seemed to be doing alright but i suppose evryone is feeling the pinch!

Shame, was a really great place!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The owners (who also own Domnics chipper) are moving the entire lot I heard elsewhere.
    Apparently (if true) they are expanding Domnics chipper into a larger operation in the coming months, expanding the chipper property itself into a more upper class decor at its town location. Expanding at the back (and upwards) of the shop, where the garage is at the side.
    The chipper will still exist but in a different fashion at the same premises.

(Best chipper in Louth by the way)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Latest i've heard is the rent was too dear in Millmount, so they had to close.

Guess me voucher is worthless now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Zorba wrote: »
    Latest i've heard is the rent was too dear in Millmount, so they had to close.

Guess me voucher is worthless now :(

Sickner :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Pity...great little restaraunt...That lamb hot pot thingy they used to do was fantastic

• Advertisement
Advertisement