Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sailing or Kayaking Clubs in Leitrim

Options
  • 10-11-2008 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know of any sailing or kayaking clubs in the Sligo/Leitrim/Roscommon area? I'm 26 and after trying sailing this summer I'd love to learn how to do it properly. I have always loved kayaking but havent done any whitewater since I was 18 except for a bit of surf.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Got this e-mail few weeks ago, the meeting has already taken place but if you ring on the numbe rin the e-mail i'm sure they'll be helpful...

Over time we have had numerous telephone calls in relation to the
    development of a Kayaking/ Canoeing club in Sligo. Based on the demand
    expressed for such a club the Sligo Sport and Recreation Partnership is
    prepared to facilitate a meeting to establish interest level and support
    the developemnt of a club. A representative from the Irish Canoe Union will
    be in attendance. We would welcome all canoeing enthusiasts to come along to
    the meeting to contribute to the discussion. We would also encourage you to
    pass on this invitation to other fellow canoeists who may be interested. The
    response to date for this initiative has been very positive and we look
    forward to meeting everybody at the planned meeting on Tuesday 11th November
    at 7pm at Sligo Sport and Recreation Partnership, VEC Office, Riverside (in
    the same grounds as Sligo County Council/ town side). For any queries call
    the SSRP on 071 9161511 and ask for Deirdre Lavin (Sport Co-ordinator) or Diane
    Middleton (Sports Development Officer). Attached for promotion detai;ls to
    be placed in local newspapers.

Thanking you

Advertisement