Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X Box 360 Elite

• 10-11-2008 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Hi

Where s the best place to buy one ? Ive rung around a few places, and so far the best deal is in xtra vision where you get four games with the console.

Only problem is its a bit pricy at 299.99...

Do you know of anywhere else ( in dublin or surrounding areas) that are selling at a cheaper price ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Thats actually a very good deal for an Elite, I got one in XtraVision 2 months ago for €379, and that was with no games.

Try the Pro 60GB version they are far better value for money and there is no difference other than the colour and that you get 60gb less space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

unless you need the black case, i'd go for the Pro much cheaper and the drive space for the Elite isn't really used as you cant download movies onto it so its only game demos really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

okay to be honest its for a gift, so im not too upto speed with what you guys have mentioned above.

whats the pro ? do you still get a harddrive with it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Heyes wrote: »
    okay to be honest its for a gift, so im not too upto speed with what you guys have mentioned above.

whats the pro ? do you still get a harddrive with it ?

Yea, you get a 60gig harddrive with the pro. You will probably pick up a deal which has a pro system and a game for about €240

Bryn wrote: »
    Yea, you get a 60gig harddrive with the pro. You will probably pick up a deal which has a pro system and a game for about €240

where ? what exactly would i be asking for ? a pro xbox ?

sorry about all the questions, im a bit dum when it comes to this topic :P

• Advertisement

where ? what exactly would i be asking for ? a pro xbox ?

sorry about all the questions, im a bit dum when it comes to this topic :P

Ask for an xbox 360 pro system with 60gig harddrive. You will need to shop around to get the best bundle, but try xtravision, game, smyths, argos, and gamestop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

yea i have an elite which i paid 450 for back during halo 3 launch..tbh go for the pro..much better value for money...however i dont think you get a hdmi cable with that

Here is a link to the differences in the xbox's

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=6420&cm_sp=x360hub-_-topnav-_-x360

Bryn wrote: »
    Ask for an xbox 360 pro system with 60gig harddrive. You will need to shop around to get the best bundle, but try xtravision, game, smyths, argos, and gamestop!

If i was to match that against the xbox elite, what are the differences ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Do you need to buy an adaptor of any sort if you want to play games online or do you just plug your console into your broadband.

• Advertisement

If i was to match that against the xbox elite, what are the differences ?

See my post above ;)!

okay so the only difference is :

not as big a hardrive, but still get 60gb, and also dont get tv cable... does this mean, dont get the cable ? or you cant link it up to the tv ? (if bought own cable)

questions are nearly finished ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You do get a standard TV cable just not a HD TV cable. If you are getting the Pro 60GB the HD TV cable is called a HDMI cable, you can get them for €5-€10 in most Tescos.

okay so the only difference is :

not as big a hardrive, but still get 60gb, and also dont get tv cable... does this mean, dont get the cable ? or you cant link it up to the tv ? (if bought own cable)

questions are nearly finished ;)

This is where my knowledge starts to run thin.......as i dont actually have an xbox! But you do get a tv cable with it. The cable you dont get is the cable to play it in full high definition as far as i know!

okay cool, thats a mill for all your help. Think the pro makes a lot more sense given the differences and the price involved.

okay cool, thats a mill for all your help. Think the pro makes a lot more sense given the differences and the price involved.

Yeah it's definately the better option!

Advertisement