Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading you tube videos & WMV

Options
  • 10-11-2008 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

Actually...full story...

I want to make a power point presentation with about 10 videos in it and I'll probably be getting these from youtube.

Any hints and tips to how I should do this? I'm presuming that the videos need to be WMV files so I'll need to download them from youtube and then convert them to WMV?

Thanks in advance for your help

Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Best best is to use Firefox with the Downloadvideohelper add on. Will download vid as .flv and you can get a converter online. (Freeware). Also there are a number of sites which will allow you to put the url of the video in and it will do it itself....can't remember any of them at the mo! I could consult google, but I'm too lazy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Thanks Chin Grin. Do you know much about embedding videos in powerpoint?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Thanks Chin Grin. Do you know much about embedding videos in powerpoint?

there are loads of sites that will allow you to download youtube vids so no bother there. just google it.

You are right that powerpoint behaves itself with wmv's in particular. just go tothe slide u want to insert the video. then go to insert movie from file and select the video file.
    it will pop up and ask if u want it to start automatically. generally the answer is yes. this means when u click to that slide the movie starts by itself.

Important! if you are running the ppt on a different laptop then the one you create it on make sure you copy over the video files as well as the ppt file. powerpoint doesnt embed the video exactly. it just points to where it is on your pc and plays it within the slide with its own player. the ppt file alone is not enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

ah..very good...thanks or the replies guys...will try and do this later and hopefully won't have to come back for more answers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 wolv76

online video converter
    zamzar
    vixy

these sites will download and convert for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

www.keepvid.com just paste the youtube video url into it and it will capture the video as a quicktime movie. Conversion to wmv if needed is above I think.

Handy link here for more information on alternatives is here: http://www.le.ac.uk/av/pms12/ppt/qtvr.html

Advertisement