Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bomb Scare - Bakers Corner Pub last Saturday

Options
  • 10-11-2008 4:17pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There was a bomb scare in Bakers corner pub on Saturday.

Band were playing and stopped and announced there was a bomb scare and leave orderly. As expected no one took noticed til the bar staff made the announcement people slowly started to leave and then most stood in the smoking area!

If it had a been a real bomb many would be dead:eek:, About 30 mins afterward 3 Gardai went into the kitchen but I didn't see them leave.

And we didn't even get a free pint out of it:eek::eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

It must have been my sister in law, she is always threatening to blow the place up, as well as the Igo and the Ramblers.

Its the only way she would ever get her other half home :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I remember the bomb scares in O'Connell & Henry street in the nineties, people would crowd at the Garda cordon and watch the goings-on...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Never heard a word about that. Jesus it's amazing how the punters were so laxadaisy(sp?) about it though. Don't get me wrong here, i'm not saying panic stations lets start diving over people to get out the door but even still they should've cleared out immediately.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dun laoire wrote: »
    Never heard a word about that. Jesus it's amazing how the punters were so laxadaisy(sp?) about it though. Don't get me wrong here, i'm not saying panic stations lets start diving over people to get out the door but even still they should've cleared out immediately.

It reminds me of Tommy Tiernan in his sketch about a pub made of Xmas trees soaked in petrol wedged between a fireworks factory and a young offenders institution. Irish people wont move until the see fire! Fire alarms/Bomb warnings are no good!

Even after they left most people stood at the smoking area, so if there had been a bomb of any great magnitude those smokers would certainly have been smoked:D

It reminds me of Tommy Tiernan in his sketch about a pub made of Xmas trees soaked in petrol wedged between a fireworks factory and a young offenders institution. Irish people wont move until the see fire! Fire alarms/Bomb warnings are no good!

Even after they left most people stood at the smoking area, so if there had been a bomb of any great magnitude those smokers would certainly have been smoked:D

Ha. To be honest had i been there i would've went over to paddypowers to have a few bets, wait for the bomb detectives to come in and head back over. Worst case had the bomb gone off sure i couldve jumped into a taxi down to scotts. Problem solved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

Wow. Didn't hear anything about that. How come I'm never around when the fun stuff happens? Typical Irish reaction to any sort of emergency. Wasn't there a bomb scare in Dun Laoghaire Shopping Centre a few years ago or am I imagining things again?

Wow. Didn't hear anything about that. How come I'm never around when the fun stuff happens? Typical Irish reaction to any sort of emergency. Wasn't there a bomb scare in Dun Laoghaire Shopping Centre a few years ago or am I imagining things again?

Yeah they're still looking into it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

up to 12 months ago you would be forgiven for thinking it had actually gone off as well:D

Those of us of a certain vintage remember the good old days. There was a time my cousin and his friend came down to London from Scotland for a weekend of drinking, we were heading for the Tube and the station was closed because of a bomb scare. They got quite excited, all the coppers around etc. they were looking forward to seeing it on the news later that day, until we pointed out that bombs in London only make the news when they go off, they occur everytime someone leaves their shopping on the platform.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yes I was actually there at the time too... mmm some coincidence!

Advertisement