Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League Cup 4th round

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Alonso is on

Gomez is giving us every chance

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Sorry Ross, I strongly disagree. He was ball watching for the first goal and failed to pick up Campbell in the center (eventhough Hyppia should not have allowed in the cross). And he made a basic error for the third in misjudging the flight of the ball and jumping to head fresh air (eventhough Dossena could have done a better job behind him).

Again on the fourth goal, he was ball watching inside after Hyppia was dragged to the ball.

He's not the sole problem tonight of course - but he has still been shockingly poor at the basic meat and potatoes stuff nonetheless. Again. :mad:

richie says "shows what you know!". anyway he's been dragged constantly out of position because of degen and dossenas excuse for defending. and when he is dragged out to the left or the right the full back on the opposite side doesnt come in to cover him. so its a combination of poor communication from agger but terrible positional awareness from the two "full backs"....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

El Zhar looks handy. Gomes does not. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

el rabitos wrote: »
    should leave plessis and dossena behind in london, let them walk home
    Ah, I see what you did there.

No Liverpool player ever walks alone...right?

What a ****ing ball from Lucas. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Ah, I see what you did there.

No Liverpool player ever walks alone...right?

we'll give them a map

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

If Gomes goes off it's game over.

Seriously, though, i hope he's ok

degen - shouldnt give up his 'modelling' career...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭rx8

Sunderland 0, Blackburn 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

shoutman wrote: »
    Gomez has been brutal every time i've seen him this year.

They really need a new keeper.

...and right on time here comes that new 'keeper. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Game over at White Hart Lane now.

Liverpool's only hope gone off injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

At least we've identified our new corner taker. Babel, your time has come!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

2113: GOAL Sunderland 1-2 Blackburn

2113: GOAL Chelsea 1-1 Burnley
    Oh my, that wasn't in the script was it? Chris Eagles is played through on goal, Carlo Cudicini denies him and there is that man Ade Akinbiyi to level matters. He's booked for celebrating by taking his shirt off. Blimey.

2113: GOAL Sunderland 0-2 Blackburn

heh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

i so do dislike adi akinbiyi! bastid

che 1 burnley 1!

Come on Burnley!

We'll have them in the Quarters.

Watford's going to Wemberley:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Carlo Cudicini denies him and there is that man Ade Akinbiyi to level matters. He's booked for celebrating by taking his shirt off. Blimey.

Why do players keep doing that? It's bloody stupid. They know full well they will get booked yet insist on doing it.

How was that not a peno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Oh well, there goes the live stream.

How was that not a peno

Excellent question imo.

• Advertisement

Twas a stonewaller of a peno alright.

Degen injured, thank god!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Degen actually did well for the peno appeal.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Excellent question imo.

though, crucually, lacking in a question mark.

Degen injured, thank god!

not funny, he was starting to play well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Wasnt Degen free? No bloody wonder. Borussia mustve had broke out the champagne when they got him off the books. Arbeloa is safe at RB unless Carra fancies stretching his legs.

• Advertisement

9 mins extra time.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

As a Liverpool fan I am glad we are out of this cup. A few less games to hamper our progression in the League and CL. Forget about this tripe and move on to getting ourselves a League Championship. Honestly look at the team we put out do you think Rafa gives a fook. Spurs enjoy your success you can thank us later. :D

Pity about the peno, would have set up an exiting last 15.

I think Babel's been very good tonight. Compared to the rest anyway.

Not very hard :pac:

• Advertisement

Meh, it was fun in a strange way.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

mike65 wrote: »
    Meh, it was fun in a strange way.

Mike

Was thinking that, I was just laughing at most of it. Don't think I've ever shouted at a TV have a Liverpool player sent off (Lucas) .... :p

Positives: Babel, Insua, El Zhar (sort of)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I think Babel's been very good tonight. Compared to the rest anyway.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

degen injured again? He'll prob never get around to making a string of appearances. Disappointed with the quality tonight. Don't really think much of Ngog as of yet. On the first team players, Torres was rusty, Agger had a mixed game, Babel did ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

As a Liverpool fan I am glad we are out of this cup. A few less games to hamper our progression in the League and CL. Forget about this tripe and move on to getting ourselves a League Championship.
    Post bookmarked for end of season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

IMO Insua should be at least level with Dossena in the pecking order.

Not too pushed about the competition itself, but still not nice to see such a dodgy performance. Definately should have had a pen to give us an interesting end to the match though.

A major gripe of mine this season was yet again on show tonight - Refs waving Yellows around like theres no tomorrow! Seems every late tackle is a yellow these days, the merest hint of disagreement with the ref? Yellow. Playing with a smile on your face? Better believe thats a yellow!

As a Liverpool fan I am glad we are out of this cup. A few less games to hamper our progression in the League and CL. Forget about this tripe and move on to getting ourselves a League Championship. Honestly look at the team we put out do you think Rafa gives a fook. Spurs enjoy your success you can thank us later. :D

Some would argue that was Liverpools best chance of a trophy, Not me thou, I still think it's the FA Cup. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

flipping great di santo cant play on che down to 10 ..

While it's good to see Spurs back playing like they can, are Spurs fans not pissed off with the players? They cleary were not bothering their collective bollox for the first 8 or 9 games of the season.

Regardless of your feelings for a manager it's bad form to go out and not give a crap, getting beaten week after week and just shruging.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Spurs had a brilliant first half ripped liverpool to shreds and deserved more than 3
    conceded 2 sloppy goals and scored a sloppy one themselves in the second half,
    but liverpool never looked capable really.
    Peno should of been no question, but I think it wouldn't of affected the overall outcome.

Insua, El Zhar and Babel were the only ones there who showed desire to win.

Come on Burnley!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

mayordenis wrote: »
    Spurs had a brilliant first half ripped liverpool to shreds and deserved more than 3
    conceded 2 sloppy goals and scored a sloppy one themselves in the second half,
    but liverpool never looked capable really.
    Peno should of been no question, but I think it wouldn't of affected the overall outcome.

Insua, El Zhar and Babel were the only ones there who showed desire to win.

he obviously didn't learn from gerrads diving skills.

need to work on that in training

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

How class did Alonso look compared to the other 10 reds on the pitch when he came on..?

Can't help but think that we have two full backs who simply are not of the required standard, and that Rafa should have had one of Gerrard, Alonso, or Masch start the match alongside Plessis or Lucas.

Obviously the Carling Cup is pretty meaningless, but it still feels absolutely terrible to lose any match like that. They didn't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭c_o_ck p_i_ss chillage

Stekelly wrote: »
    While it's good to see Spurs back playing like they can, are Spurs fans not pissed off with the players? They cleary were not bothering their collective bollox for the first 8 or 9 games of the season.

Regardless of your feelings for a manager it's bad form to go out and not give a crap, getting beaten week after week and just shruging.

I totally agree. They're professionals. They lsupposed to love the game. They shouldn't be letting themselves down as players or as a team.
    In this age of molly-coddled idiots though, anything is possible.

P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Stekelly wrote: »

Thats football though is'nt it?

At the end of the day we dont know what happened behind closed doors. Communication seemed non-existent, the players seemed frustrated and lacking any understanding of what they were supposed to be doing and a number of players were treated horrendously by being downright ignored and not given squad numbers.

Also having watched the first 8 or 9 games I dont think it was particularly a case of not bothering their bollox. They looked tired, lethargic and unmotivated...added to that nothing went our way and although we started many games brightly the heads understandably dropped after we conceded.

Players obviously have to take a share of the blame but I wouldnt dwell on it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Babybing wrote: »
    Thats football though is'nt it?

At the end of the day we dont know what happened behind closed doors. Communication seemed non-existent, the players seemed frustrated and lacking any understanding of what they were supposed to be doing and a number of players were treated horrendously by being downright ignored and not given squad numbers.

Also having watched the first 8 or 9 games I dont think it was particularly a case of not bothering their bollox. They looked tired, lethargic and unmotivated...added to that nothing went our way and although we started many games brightly the heads understandably dropped after we conceded.

Players obviously have to take a share of the blame but I wouldnt dwell on it tbh.

they all looked like confused kids and adding with the lack of confidence i too dont think it was as simple as not bothering their hole..

I always thought it was funny that Ramos had perfect English when Spurs won, but if they were hammered, get out there Poyet, "No Abla Engliiish".

Buck stops at the manager, looks like he was to blame, problem rectified with 'Arry!, no arugements really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hope Chelsea win tonight tbh and keep on going winning in the CC. Any extra front they have to fight on gives pool (and the rest of the league) a better chance in the other 3 competitions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Post bookmarked for end of season.

Good do.

I would rather the energy is spent fighting for the League than trying to win a waste of a time cup I have always said this. Its been too long now for Liverpool not to put all their energy in the League. The League Cup as a trophy means fook all to me and should for any serious Reds fan. FA Cup is still nice to win and the CL excellent but honestly I would give them all up for a League Title easily.

Advertisement