Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League Cup 4th round

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

mayordenis wrote: »
    Aye - I'm tetchy is all - carry on nothing to see here.

Ah there is

SUPER SPURS!!

who are ye? who are ye? who are ye?

;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

That's a real on the terrace trolling chant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Backed Arsenal at 12/1 at the start of the season, hopefully we can go all the way this time.

if you come up against spurs, id be interested if wenger will go with the tried and tested reserve kids squad, or will he try and get back after last years loss and play a fuller strength squad.

i assume hed play the kids

just found this. belongs in the spurs forum, but it made me laugh.

hitler finds out about spurs loss to stoke....

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=hsAO2N83vVw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

if you come up against spurs, id be interested if wenger will go with the tried and tested reserve kids squad, or will he try and get back after last years loss and play a fuller strength squad.

Just saw it now, classic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Oh yeah, and Chelsea-Burnley was at Stamford Bridge :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Ahh F'ing Brilliant.

"...And Gomez Nearly Killed Corluka" :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Think he will continue to play the kids.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

ntlbell wrote: »

I threw in a jab about campbell a united player scoring a few goals

every little victory :pac:

terrible stuff (from pool) but an exciting game.
    dossena is not up for it. been terrible since he came. honeymoon is over, €8m means u get ur sh1t together.
    agger is doing more daydreaming on the pitch then i did in 2nd class. wake up daniel!! ur first team place isnt guaranteed when skrtel gets back. someone needs to kick him up the ass. between carra and rafa i reckon they can get him into shape. if he doesnt i can see him going in the summer.
    degen? em, why did we sign him? shouldnt be in a liverpool shirt. simple as that. would he be in the chelski, utd or arsenal squad? i doubt it.
    Lucas is another who i dont think will fit in the PL. he'll do a forlan and be amazing for athletico/villareal/any spanish team in the upper half of la liga. i just dont think hes cut out for the pace in the midfield in the PL. hes got skill and hes got technique and has an eye for a pass but he doesnt get there quick enough and can often become invisible in games.
    El Zhar seems good tho, cant see him making the first team but hes got potential. will prob end up selling him in a year or 2 imo.
    Babel was good tonight. he was able to beat his man and create something but over all id still give the left wing birth to reira in the games that count. he has a good understanding of his team mates movement (babel needs to work on this, often he can become a red setter chasing after the ball) and reira also can put in a better ball. Babel has the pace tho.

we only got knocked out of the CC but at the same time, we had 4 goals conceded tonite. that is not acceptable in any competition imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Jazzy wrote: »
    we only got knocked out of the CC but at the same time, we had 4 goals conceded tonite. that is not acceptable in any competition imo

Ok as a Pool fan you say this but all of the above saying how bad the players on the pitch were thus explaining why we let in 4. Honestly when I looked at the team sheet before kick off I said to the rest of the lads ah look we are exiting the LC tonight. Lets look at the Championship quality side that played an on form Spurs:

Cavalieri - 2nd grade wont make it
    Dossena - Average not a big fan
    Hyypia - Old and slow at the back but good goal though pity he is a defender
    Agger - 50/50 man hot & cold
    Degen - ****
    Babel - Good player did ok tonight
    Lucas - 2nd rate also will never make it in England
    N'Gog - Young and inexperienced
    Plessis - Might make it but it wont be with Liverpool
    Torres - Legend pity he was the only one and only back from injury
    El Zhar - Young has time to build but again wont be at Liverpool

Subs used:
    Alonso - Legend also best player on the field when he came on
    Insua - nah
    Darby - Young and inexperienced.

So Look at the above team it piss poor Im surprised it wasn't a bigger score. Didn't expect Torres to do much without supply and only been back from injury and Babel our only other true regular out there looked lost. And Agger was hot and cold.

Yes 4-2 is a bad score but how can we give outm when its obvious Rafa doesnt care about the cup judging by the sh*te he puts out there. Good riddance lets move on, We have a League to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

So Look at the above team it piss poor Im surprised it wasn't a bigger score. Didn't expect Torres to do much without supply and only been back from injury and Babel our only other true regular out there looked lost. And Agger was hot and cold.

Yes 4-2 is a bad score but how can we give outm when its obvious Rafa doesnt care about the cup judging by the sh*te he puts out there. Good riddance lets move on, We have a League to win.

What does it say about the quality of the squad though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

OPENROAD wrote: »
    What does it say about the quality of the squad though?

That Liverpool don't have much depth is all. Other than the 16 or so strong squad players we have no depth.

If Liverpool maintain the fitness of their top players we will do alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Ok as a Pool fan you say this but all of the above saying how bad the players on the pitch were thus explaining why we let in 4. Honestly when I looked at the team sheet before kick off I said to the rest of the lads ah look we are exiting the LC tonight. Lets look at the Championship quality side that played an on form Spurs:

Its worth pointing out that the Spurs team that played last night was pretty much an alternate team itself....maybe not as weakened as the Pool squad but still largely a second choice. Here's the first choice squad to compare:

Gomes

Corluka---Woodgate--King---Assou-Ekotto

Bentley--Huddlestone--Jenas---Bale

Modric

Bent

So we basically had seven first choicers out to your ten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Both teams should be fined for fielding weakened sides! :pac:

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

mike65 wrote: »
    Apparently Drogs did a Jamie and threw back a coin.

Mike

He's Ivorian
    He's Sound
    He'll twat you with a pound
    Drogba, Drogba.

Doesn't quite have the same ring though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

RustySpoon wrote: »
    He's Ivorian
    He's Sound
    He'll twat you with a pound
    Drogba, Drogba.

Doesn't quite have the same ring though..

He's not sound, i'd be banned for saying what i think he is.
    Also, can you confirm if was a pound? What with the recession and the fact that it was someone from Burnley, we're probably talking a penny, or five pence? I appreciate the effort put in to that song, but you must do better!

• Advertisement

While i never really get worked up about going out of the early stages of the Carling Cup, it was still a terrible performance. Getting beaten with a second string team, especially against the form team of Spurs away is always likely, but the least they can do is look competent. The defense was an absolute farce. Dossena just looks out of his depth, he doesn't seem to have a clue.
    Cavelieri is nothing special, but then again, you can't really have a back up keeper that is. The likes of Carson and Kirkland are too good to be sitting on benches for the majority of the season.
    People saying that Babel played well.....i don't really agree. He was lively without really doing anything.
    The second half was better and Alonso was the best player on the pitch when he came on, his class really showed.
    I think a big turning point was Gomes's injury. Up to that point, at 4-2, we looked like we could maybe nick another and then Spurs would be nervous. But Gomez was down for 6 minutes and that stopped the momentum and flow that we had gathered before (by the way, Gomes was down for 6 minutes, getting all the treatment from the paramedics that would suggest that his head had fallen off or something, and apparantley he was conscious all the time and didn't even need to go to hospital????? Sounds like a lightweight to me, to be honest)
    We should have had a penalty that could have swung things, but as we know, Mike Riley is a sh!te ref and a complete homer, would have been a peno up the other end,
    In saying all this, Spurs completely deserved to win the match. Better team on the night, played some good stuff and Liverpool's goals only came about due to Gomes being born and 27 years later starting against Liverpool in the Carling Cup.
    It's the least of Liverpool's priorities this season and would rather win against Bolton on Saturday than last night, but i hate getting knocked out of competitions and even though it's a ****e one, when it gets to the semi final and especially the final, it's still great to win it.
    Had to laugh though at the Spurs fans singing "Are you watching, Robbie Keane?". Yeah, i'm sure he was. He was probably annoyed at getting knocked out of the Carling Cup, but then turned his attentions to winning on Saturday to go top of the league and hoping to top the group in the Champions League. And later that night as he rolled off Claudine, i'd say the last thing on his mind was wishing that he'd rather be in London preparing to get three points on the weekend to move closer away from the relegation zone.
    So yes, Spurs fans. Robbie Keane was probably watching. What's your point? Or was it just a general enquiry, just asking about his well being.
    Does this post make me sound bitter? Maybe i am bitter? Maybe the Carling Cup is more important to me than i thought?
    Ah for f"ck sake, last night's match has just ruined my week. Damn you Spurs, damn you all to hell!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'd say robbie was too busy doing his bit for the Mickey's Neighbourhood Watch scheme trying to thwart another burgalry to pay attention last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Monkey9 is possible drunk ;)

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Come on the Spurs! Great result for them. Frazier Campbell as a legitimate future striker?

Monkey9 is possible drunk ;)

Mike

Pah, drunk!!!! How very dare you! I haven't had a drink since Halloween night, which is my longest drought is absolute ages. My liver in thankful though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Both teams should be fined for fielding weakened sides! :pac:

Mike

if thats the case should arsenal be fined for what they do all the time in the carling cup. i don't think so when you see what can come from fielding that type of squad.

Advertisement