Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civ IV: Colonization

Options
  • 10-11-2008 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Has anybody seen this on the shelves anywhere? I can't seem to get it anywhere.

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Unless you want to have a boxed version, why not buy it from Steam or Gamer's Gate.

It's not anywhere as good as Civ in my opinion. There are much better games out there at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 free games

Maximilian wrote: »
    It's not anywhere as good as Civ in my opinion. There are much better games out there at the moment.

what would you recommend?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Unless you want to have a boxed version, why not buy it from Steam or Gamer's Gate.

+1 to that. Although I did give it to a guy who had never played Civ and he loved it. Well worth a try anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Empire: Total War will be out soon.
    After playing total war games I found civilization a bit boring. If you like the military aspect of civilization then I'd try one of the TW games.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

free games wrote: »
    what would you recommend?

If you mean strategy games, check out the Strategy forum here - there's a long list of recommendations there. As for other types of games, just look at the topic in the main games forum - there are too many great games out at the moment to choose from; Fallout 3 being my favorite.
    pwd wrote: »
    Empire: Total War will be out soon.
    After playing total war games I found civilization a bit boring. If you like the military aspect of civilization then I'd try one of the TW games.

That's the next "great" strategy game on the horizon. If you pre-order from Steam you get Rome:TW free now, which is a great deal if you are unfamiliar with the TW games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I do want a boxed version, though. I've not seen it anywhere.

corblimey wrote: »
    I do want a boxed version, though. I've not seen it anywhere.

If you haven't got it, get Sins of a Solar Empire instead of Colonization. Think I saw a boxed copy in HMV Grafton St. but otherwise you can get it from Stardock as a download.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Any word on a Mac release? Used to love the original Colonisation back in the day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If you still want it,I got my in zavvi,and if your looking for a good rts try company of heros or supreme commander.

Advertisement