Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDMI Xbox 360

• 10-11-2008 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Simple question, did the xbox360 always have a HDMI port because I cant find it on mine. There is only a USB port(at least I think its USB) above the network port. Am I missing it or is there a "special" HDMI cable solely for xbox360's?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Slig wrote: »
    Simple question, did the xbox360 always have a HDMI port because I cant find it on mine.
    Nope. The first couple of models didn't. Any sold in the last year should have HDMI though (if they're recent models)
    There is only a USB port(at least I think its USB) above the network port.

It is USB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Here's a picture of the HDMI port on the 360.

I just got my 360 back from being repaired. They replaced it (manufacturing date is 12/09/2008), but there's no HDMI port :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

Mine didnt....didnt know this until i had spent 40 euro on the hdmi cable...

luckily my friend had an adapter he got with his xbox, it fits into the 'big' port on the xbox and has 6 cables that go into the back of my new TV. Its 1080 hi def from this set up. i think 3 are for video, and 3 for for sound?

pm me if you need a photo of it and ill send u one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

that's the component cable. I use this into my 42" 1080p tv and the picture quality is phenomonal. Hdmi supposedly makes it better but you'd be hard pressed to notice much of a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Thanks, I definately dont have HDMI so. I am using the standard cable which works grand in low def but when I switch to high def (well higher quality anyway) I dont have any sound but great picture quality!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I too have the old Pro model with no HDMI. I use the component cable ( red, green, blue) for the picture to the TV and then the optical out on the cable for the sound to the A/V reciever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Here's a picture of the HDMI port on the 360.

I just got my 360 back from being repaired. They replaced it (manufacturing date is 12/09/2008), but there's no HDMI port :(

Id be on the blower to Mickeysoft kicking up some rumpus if that happened me!!!

:P

Always, always ask for free games and joypads!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 goodFeather

Thanks, I definately dont have HDMI so. I am using the standard cable which works grand in low def but when I switch to high def (well higher quality anyway) I dont have any sound but great picture quality!!

You need to use the red and white wires of the low def side for sound (the 3 connections of the hi def only carry picture)

You need to use the red and white wires of the low def side for sound (the 3 connections of the hi def only carry picture)

Thats starting to make sense the scart connection is the low def + sound and the 3 other cables are video only. Do I need a seperate cable to connect the xbox to the sound ports of the tv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

What cable do you have at them moment, is it one with 6 connections at the end ? If so that's all you should need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

with the 6 connections are we getting hd gaming even tho it does not have hdmi printed on the back of the console?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

As long as you have it switched to HDTV and connected correctly to a HD t.v. you are.
    People say there's a difference between component and HDMI but there's not really.

Jip wrote: »
    As long as you have it switched to HDTV and connected correctly to a HD t.v. you are.
    People say there's a difference between component and HDMI but there's not really.

There are 6 cables, 3 go into the back of the TV and another 3 went into a scart adaptor (1 red, 1 white & 1 yellow). I plugged the red and white ones from the scart adaptor into the speaker ports in the back of the tv but now I'm left with the yellow one thats not plugged in anywhere. It works though so I'm not complaining. Thanks for all the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Taken from MS:
    Connect the red, green, and blue RCA connectors on the component HD AV cable to the corresponding color input jacks on the high-definition TV. Do not use the yellow RCA composite video connector.

So you're right on the nail with the above and make sure the switch is set to HD.

cableswitch5ia.jpg

Advertisement