Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm looking a Qualified Veterinary Nurse(to assist whelping) for my French Bulldog...

Options
  • 10-11-2008 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi, my French Bulldog is month and one week pregnant.

I am looking for a Qualified Veterinary Nurse(to assist whelping) for my girl...

If you have information, please write here...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Have you not asked your local veterinary practice or might be best to take her to the vets to have the pups in case there are complications. As far as I know you will need a vet not a vet nurse when it comes to bulldog breeds (correct me if I'm wrong).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kotia

We asked doctor about breeds, but he told us that we can do it ourself...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Isn't it a bit late to organise that now?

Frenchies can be notoriously hard to whelp and many pups are born by C-section.

I wish your bitch the best of luck, sounds like she might need it :(.

All right, we have made Cesarian in the Fairview veterinary hospital, was born three dogs and one bitch, we are very pleased ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Congratulations on your new puppies, if you have any pictures, please post them.

• Advertisement

Today its third day, but the mother has no milk, so I have feed the babies every two - three hours, the dream of a sleep ... :o

Many thanks for the congratulations, photos will be just a little later ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭looserock

Have you told you're vet there is no milk?

An injection of oxytocin may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

kotia wrote: »
    Today its third day, but the mother has no milk, so I have feed the babies every two - three hours, the dream of a sleep ... :o

Many thanks for the congratulations, photos will be just a little later ....

That is common after a c-section isn't it?

Best of luck to you and the pups and it's nice to see a breeder prepared for every eventuality and ready/able to take over the handrearing :)

Advertisement