Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get bottled clam juice?

• 10-11-2008 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

For a lobster bisque. Alternatively I could use fish stock. Would I get them in the oriental supermarkets?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 chefsden

For a lobster bisque. Alternatively I could use fish stock. Would I get them in the oriental supermarkets?

it's very hard to get clam juice on it's own , well i never come across it anyway, and im a chef, what i do is, buy some clams you dont need much, maybe about 1-3lbs. and put it in a pot and a small drop of white wine and (some root veg.)optional. and a drop of water and boil with a lid, until all the shells open, and keep the juice. and use the clams in the bisque also just drop it in the soup to heat up in the end.... :)

Advertisement