Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rifles (newbie)

Options
  • 10-11-2008 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am looking to get a rifle for shooting cans etc, not really ready for skirmishing yet:p

I have no idea about the pros/cons of gas vs electric vs spring powered so maybe someone could clear that up for me?? Difference in realism, accuracy, price, reliability, durability?

I'm after a 'classic' look rifle..by this i mean no assault rifles or mac10 lookalikes...something like these Kar98 or BAR10 or similar. These would be at the upper limit of my budget anyway as I cant justify spending more unless this is a hobby I will definitly get into. Where could I get second hand guns?

There is a huge amount of information out there, so much so that I've found it overwhelming and confusing. I'm looking for realistic look/feel, durability and accuracy at a reasonable price.

Any info would be great

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Cant go wrong with either of those to be honest, the Kar98 takes shells which are ejected each time you pull the bolt back, which is a nice little realism feature which if you're just messing about at home can be nice. Not practical for skirmish use though and it only takes 5 shells at a time as far as I know. The Bar 10 on the other hand takes 30 BBs and you can buy extra magazines, so you'd spend a lot less time reloading.

Advertisement