Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Thunderdome

Options
  • 10-11-2008 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Just tried to post a new thread in "The Thunderdome" never have befour but I got this:
    "Doc, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You may be trying to post in a restricted forum such as Soccer, or one of the many private forums on boards.ie.
    For clarification, check our Help Desk forum.
    You may be banned from this forum if you contravened an element of the forum charter.
    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    "

Is it restricted and if so how do I post?

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Users can't begin threads in the Thunderdome. Threads can only be moved there when they have descended into the sort of rubbish that gets posted in the Thunderdome already.

This is part of the whole debate around whether or not the Thunderdome should/not exist. I'd hold a strong opinion that it should be closed for posting altogether because of the sheer amount of nonsense that gets posted there - I think it wholly denigrates the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Oh... I see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Users can't begin threads in the Thunderdome. Threads can only be moved there when they have descended into the sort of rubbish that gets posted in the Thunderdome already.

This is part of the whole debate around whether or not the Thunderdome should/not exist. I'd hold a strong opinion that it should be closed for posting altogether because of the sheer amount of nonsense that gets posted there - I think it wholly denigrates the site.

unfair, imo. Firstly, there is only one active thread in the dome - yes it contains ****e, but you could say that about any thread on any forum :) Any other threads that are moved there to die are subject to very strict conditions, and are closed as a matter of course. Finally you can't read any threads in the thunderdome unless you are logged in, and threads there don't show up on the front page so to say it denigrates the site is unfair - it is what it is, it's not intrusive and it serves a purpose.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Just noticed the new sticky, I seldom go near the dome, but I don't see why this rule is in place:
    2. You will be permanently banned from the 'dome. If no-one can talk about you, you can talk about no-one.

If a poster doesn't want to be referenced [which is fair enough in my opinion] why shouldn't they be able to read the content? Why not just make it private altogether?

Advertisement