Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ripped scrum cap

• 10-11-2008 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

Quick question - if my scrum cap gets ripped off (the chin strap tore) am I entitled to a replacement by the shop where I bought it.

I'm just hoping not to have to fork out another 50 quid just after buying one.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Er, I doubt it. Rugby's too physical a game for you to have a claim really. If you were just wearing it around the house and the chin strap ripped you might have some comeback, but that's obviously not what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pulldownthemaul

any item sold must be fit for the purpose of which it was sold - enough said. I've often took back boots that have ripped after three months use & got them replaced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Normal wear and tear doesn't count when applying the sale of goods and supply of services act.

Getting it torn off you could probably called wear and tear given the nature of the game.

After 3 months playing rugby I'm very surprised at any shop replacing boots (depending on what was wrong with them). The fact also that you're "often" taking back boots I'd wonder if maybe it's you that's the problem rather than the boots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

any item sold must be fit for the purpose of which it was sold - enough said. I've often took back boots that have ripped after three months use & got them replaced

I'd say the fact that any contact with the scrum cap is illegal in the game of rugby would mean that the supplier could claim that it is not designed for that purpose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

dub_skav wrote: »
    I'd say the fact that any contact with the scrum cap is illegal in the game of rugby would mean that the supplier could claim that it is not designed for that purpose.

What? your head gets bangs constantly, like a players knee into your ear when you tackle.. ouch

Making contact with the head is only illegal if done in an act of foul play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

But getting a knee in the ear is hardly going to rip the strap.

It'll be helmets next and kevlar shoulder pads next... Just put some tape around your head, op. Old skool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Boots made by most company's are guaranteed for 1 year, both adidas and puma I know for a fact are guaranteed. Had a pair of preditors and a pair of Puma Kings rip and got replacements for both.

I would assume that its the same for scrum caps, I would ring the manufacturer and if they say they'll replace it then bring it to the shop where you got it from and they'll have to replace it and if they don't you can always send it to the manufacturer's who will replace it however they will not refund you for the postage charges.

Regards
    Ian

Advertisement