Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do i tell if i have PCI-E x16, or PCI-E 2.0?

Options
  • 10-11-2008 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

how do i tell if i have PCI-E x16, or PCI-E 2.0?

is there any sort of 'detection' program i can run? I have looked into the model mobo i have A7260NMS; AMI mobo with Nvidia chipset. I have done a bit of googling but as far as i can tell, PCI-E x16 and PCI-E 2.0 look physically the same (or at least same enough to make it hard to tell them apart from pictures on the net).

i remember years ago i came across a program that was able to tell if the USB ports i had were USB 1 or USB 2, so i am hoping that there may be a PCI-E equivalent ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,614 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

They're both compatible with each other.

Anyway, your board seems to be an MSI K9N (from the bios name), using the nforce 570 chipset, which is PCI-E 1.0.

You have 2 PCI-E x16 slots, the one nearer the top is the primary slot, and will work in x16, unless both are populated, in which case they'll work at x8.

Advertisement