Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I just say that I'm moving out and see what the landlord says?

Options
  • 10-11-2008 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Were i am living is becoming a real pain to live in.

Im living in a house with my girlfriend and i have my daughter stay over with me at the weekend. Ive being out of work a good while and it is only my girlfriend working but because we are living together i cant get rent allowance. So it is not that easy to just up and leave but we all hate living here even my little girl.

The house has no insolation or plaster on the walls it is just concorte blocks so he place is always cold even with the heating on all the heat does is takes the nip out of the air but it is not warm and about 20 min after the heat has being turned of you can really fell the nip in the air most of the time it is warmer out side as i cant aford to have the heating on 24/7

My girlfriend is all ways getting colds and breaking out from bites from were we live and missing work because of it and not getting paid
    If i don't ware some clothes for a while they will be full of mold i had a suit that was dry cleaned put away then i needed to ware it the other day went to put it on and it was green

Now the land lord says he will insolate the place but he does not no when it will be done as he has a worker for all his buildings i was talking to the bloke that will be doing the job and he said he has him looking after a house that no one lives in just to make sure all his paintings are kept warm

I no the landlord is short on money ive never even met the landlord only someone else that works for him and i deal with he only comes to ireland for the hunting season and stays in his mansion that id kept heated all year when he is not there so this reely pi$$es me of

Any way sorry for the long rant i would move out today but its the whole deposit and frist months rent thing hat is holding me back

If i say im moveing out on less i am given a date for when the work is going to be done what could i be told

Should i go down to the social welfare tell them i am now only living with my daughter and try get rent allowance some were

WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO :(:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I have no idea. Sorry. But, eh, house with no insulation must be against some law or other. How old is it? A few years old, 30 years old, what?
    http://www.threshold.ie/

Actually, look here http://www.threshold.ie/page.asp?menu=70&page=240
    Standards

Your landlord must, by law, ensure that your home complies with certain minimum standards (e.g. free from damp, in good structural repair, hot and cold water, adequate means of heating and ventilation, appliances in good working order, electrical wiring, gas, pipes in good repair). If your home does not comply with these standards, report it to your local authority or the Private Residential Tenancies Board. An inspection will be carried out and the landlord ordered to do any necessary repairs. Contact Threshold, the Private Residential Tenancies Board or your local authority for further advice.

The Private Residential Tenancies Board, also known as the PRTB can be contacted at http://www.prtb.ie

Best of luck. Sure someone else with more knowledge will pop by.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭mixer101

Were i am living is becoming a real pain to live in.

Im living in a house.....<SNIP>

blah blah blah...

<SNIP>...... welfare tell them i am now only living with my daughter and try get rent allowance some were

WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO :(:confused:

Boardsies, beware what you answer to OP....:( seems to have an uncanny knack of being 'put upon' - see current hard-luck story on this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055426908

Be careful also to those who recently purchased some of the knock-down electronic goods he has and had for sale, they might be a bit rusty from the damp or have some green mould growing on them (like his unfortunate suit :rolleyes:)... see here for a selection of what he has to offer:
    http://www.adverts.ie/showcat.php?cat=500&ppuser=155544

Not a bad selection of goodies for a lad that doesn't even have a job....

Something doesn't quite add up here methinks....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

mixer101 wrote: »
    Not a bad selection of goodies for a lad that doesn't even have a job....

He has a job (from one of his adverts);
    Need anyting moved or removed garden waste etc can dump items safely

Just give me a call

man with a van

If something is havey can supply 2 men for the job

Large van supplied can also do small jobs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Sounds like a sticker throught the door kinda guy.

Advertisement