Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Station Booster

Options
  • 10-11-2008 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi, we live in Kilcar and our TV signal for BBC1,BBC2,UTV,Channel4 is boosted somehow not sure how, but as of yesterday signal on all these channels is rubbish, does anyone know who to report the fault too.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Hi, we live in Kilcar and our TV signal for BBC1,BBC2,UTV,Channel4 is boosted somehow not sure how, but as of yesterday signal on all these channels is rubbish, does anyone know who to report the fault too.:)
    Considering they are all UK channels, you might have a bit of a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Oldskoolrod

Apperently there is some sort of signal booster somewhere close that may have been hit by lightning or something, now whoever put this booster in place must be contactable somehow I would assume

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

At my home place a group of neighbours chipped in to pay for the signal booster, maybe a neighbour of yours would know.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I believe there's a deflector system running in Kilcar. First you'll need to make sure that your neighbours are also suffering the same problem. If it's the deflector at fault, it'd affect most of the village (who still use it).

I think it may have been McGroarty's Electrical who originally installed it, though not 100% sure. No harm in ringing them anyway.

Advertisement