Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sarwidosis

Options
  • 10-11-2008 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

I recently got diagnosed with this. I know it's an inflammation of the lung that caused me to go blind in one eye. Been taking a concoction of tablets and drips to restore vision to some degree but my main problem right now is that I got diagnosed in France where I am currently living. The doctors don't have strong enough English to properly explain the disease and I don't have strong enough French to properly understand medical language so does anyone have any experience with it? Google is surprisingly not giving many answers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

i think that you are talking about sarcoidosis _ i have it< they found it when i was getting a scan for something else! i have not had any problems yet< but then again i was just diagnosed!

http://www.isarc.ie/

Most of my family have this, and they have had one outbreak leading to diagnosis and never had a problem again. Touch wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sb01

Moonbaby wrote: »
    http://www.isarc.ie/

Most of my family have this, and they have had one outbreak leading to diagnosis and never had a problem again. Touch wood.

They do not know how lucky they are. I have been diagnosed 18 yrs and had a lotta problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭alexjk

Yeah, I did mean sarcoidosis. The doctors handwriting was hard to make out! I must say I am absolutely exhausted by the treatment, I'm bizarrely suffering from fatigue and insomnia. I actually flat out fell asleep in a class 2 weeks ago which was embarrassing. I have got a good deal of vision back in my eye, I seem an awful lot more enthusiastic about it than my doctors do. They seem to be annoyed that it isn't 100% back but I suppose that is their job.

Advertisement