Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tocco "Network Settings Unavailable"

• 10-11-2008 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Bought a Samsung tocco from Pixmania.ie and everything works fine (can make/recieve phone calls can recieve texts, can browswe internet etc) with the phone except I can't send a text message. Every time I try I get the "Network Settings Unavailable" message.

I am on Vodafone ready2go. I've googled "Network Settings Unavailable" and read any solution offered but none seem to apply to this particular network/setup.

Any suggestion as to how to overcome this problem gratefully recieved.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

It could be the sim card. Get a replacement, and see if that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Pigman II wrote: »
    Bought a Samsung tocco from Pixmania.ie and everything works fine (can make/recieve phone calls can recieve texts, can browswe internet etc) with the phone except I can't send a text message. Every time I try I get the "Network Settings Unavailable" message.

I am on Vodafone ready2go. I've googled "Network Settings Unavailable" and read any solution offered but none seem to apply to this particular network/setup.

Any suggestion as to how to overcome this problem gratefully recieved.

Friend of mine has exactly the same problem with (old) Meteor SIM and unlocked 3UK N73. Solution was simply to upgrade the SIM to a latest-gen 3G one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Problem is solved (sort of) with this. http://devicehelp.vodafone.co.uk/DeviceFAQ.php?FAQID=116472&ModelID=331&class=2&h=0:2:&e=0 . Once I follow these steps (and add the correct number for Ireland '+35387699989) then I am able to send a text message.

HOWEVER! This leads to a new problem in that that this proceedure only solves the problem so long as the phone isn't powered down. If the phone goes flat it forgets that I ever made this alteration and I have to enter the number once again.

Does anyone know how I can overcome this problem? All help gratefully recieved.

Did you try what myself and culabula said above ???

I haven't tried a new sim card yet. I was kind of hoping to avoid buying more stuff if possible. Do you suspect that that is the only possible solution? If so then what sort of card should I buy. Sorry for all the questions but I really don't have much of a clue when it comes to mobiles.

• Advertisement

Pigman II wrote: »
    I haven't tried a new sim card yet. I was kind of hoping to avoid buying more stuff if possible. Do you suspect that that is the only possible solution? If so then what sort of card should I buy. Sorry for all the questions but I really don't have much of a clue when it comes to mobiles.
    You don't need to buy anything, just go to your nearest Vodafone store and tell them you want a new sim card because the one you have is too old. When you get the new sim put it in the phone in the shop, if you have any issues you can get them to sort it for you on the spot.

Simple !

Ok thanks. I'll see if a new card does the trick.

It may not be the problem, but it's the quickest solution I think, saves ya google'ing all day trying other things. Only takes 2 minutes to get a new sim and most of the time it solves the problem.

Hope it works for ya :)

Advertisement