Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Drink Up North

• 10-11-2008 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Anyone recommend a trip up the North for drink for the X.Mas,Was thinking about heading up some weekend to grab a few bargains .Or is it just as cheap here to buy ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

barry75 wrote: »
    Hi All

Anyone recommend a trip up the North for drink for the X.Mas,Was thinking about heading up some weekend to grab a few bargains .Or is it just as cheap here to buy ?

Thanks in advance

much cheaper up there i found. I went up over a month ago for a party coming up and got loads. The best value for me was in sainsburys in newry which had 30 cans (440 ml) of Carlsberg for £15.99 which is only €20. Great seeing as its about €40 for a slab of Carlsberg. Got loads of bottle of vodka, martini and barcadi. Alcopops as well were very cheap compared to prices here, think it worked out about £1 a bottle for each of the alcopops which is very good compared to down here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Just a question and not that important but did you mean 500ml or 330ml cans? I've never seen 440ml ones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

tribulus wrote: »
    Just a question and not that important but did you mean 500ml or 330ml cans? I've never seen 440ml ones!

440ml ones, never seen them before either but they seem to be the norm up there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Well apparently the pound sterling is weak against the euro so yeah it's a good time to go up probably. my parents used to always do it

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭shaneos

There is a whole thread on shopping in Northern Ireland here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055394288&page=1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 katy77

Does anyoe know a good place to shop for wine in newry - want to get my wedding wine - how many bottles am i allowed bring back south?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi Katy

Sainburys often have wine on special

I bought in Sainburys
    Oyster bay €12.95 in Dub
    Sainburys same wine worked at at €6.5

Eaglehawk CH
    €9.95 in Dub
    €5 in Sainsbury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭7mountpleasant

katy77 wrote: »
    Does anyoe know a good place to shop for wine in newry - want to get my wedding wine - how many bottles am i allowed bring back south?
    As many as you like as long as you can prove they are for personal use, which in the case of a wedding would be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 hammer1

katy77 wrote: »
    Squidgie wrote: »
    try recessionbustours.ie

buy online thru ASDA in NI and get it delivered south for €20, Dublin only for now. ;)
    :D

Advertisement