Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FN F2000

Options
  • 10-11-2008 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Could any one tell me where I could get one that's within the legal limit?

I've got a limited budget and was looking at the JLS one which has gotten very solid reviews but no matter where I go it is always over the limit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'm on the look out for one myself but I just don't know about JLS as far as I know they are the only ones who make them.

As far as I know MIA used to stock them or possibly still does.

fire-support.co.uk stock the Tan version and it's listed at 325fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

They need a bit of work really. Any mag you buy for it will need a minor modification to allow it lock home in the magwell. The gearbox needs a bit of greasing and general TLC as they tend to be a bit dry. The barrel is caked with crap, more so than I've seen on any rifle in the past, so it needs a thorough cleaning. The hop rubber definitely needs changing, it's far too hard. There's also an issue with the upper receiver body pin not locking home properly, allowing the body to split in two as if disassembling. I never got around to fixing that problem before selling my own to vtec, but he did get around to it and said it's a simple enough job.

I liked it when I had it, but I'm going to wait for anyone other than JLS to make one. I just had too many little niggles with their version. It's very comfortable as a design, but the quality of finish lets it down dramatically.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

we did have one for sale at one stage , it was jls.

Just be aware it isnt jg , tm or star quality.

I wouldnt be restocking them.

Make of that what you will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

Hmmmmm, frankly I scared s***less of doing any internal work of any variety to an aeg (I know the inside of em about as well as I can speak Swahili)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I love mine, the motor is a common enough fault with the JLS FN2000 though and since changing that mine the gun has been great. its a piece of cake to strip it down and it feels really comfy. Mine was a tan one I bought from dex and I painted it black, they have a cheapo shiny sort of finish to them as standard so that had to go.

The magazine issue only applies to midcaps and just required you to remove about 4-5mm of a plastic edge to get them to lock home. its a screw on the gearbox that prevents them from looking in properly to begin with.,

It uses XYT gears like the JG and Dboys rifles and they are pretty decent, there's also 6mm metal bushings as standard but a good shimming will work wonders for the gun. the barrel is just the regular sort you'd find in a dboys rifle but i stuck a tight bore in mine. the upper receiver comes off at the touch of a button allowing you to remove the hopup and barrel nice and easy.

From what ive seen they have always been in or around the 310-320fps mark even though some of the ratings claim 360ish, ive never seen one that high. the best thing to do is ask the retailer your buying it from to chrono it and see if its below the limit before shipping it.

Heres mine all tarted up with whatever crap I could find that would bolt on., :D
    2526555468_a0eb68895a_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

sexy as a sexy thing. i love the f2000. just add night vision goggles and black rubber suit and happy days. would love to get my mits on a well working one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

That paint job looks great, far better than the out of box look.

vtec wrote: »
    I love mine, the motor is a common enough fault with the JLS FN2000 though and since changing that mine the gun has been great. its a piece of cake to strip it down and it feels really comfy. Mine was a tan one I bought from dex and I painted it black, they have a cheapo shiny sort of finish to them as standard so that had to go.

The magazine issue only applies to midcaps and just required you to remove about 4-5mm of a plastic edge to get them to lock home. its a screw on the gearbox that prevents them from looking in properly to begin with.,

It uses XYT gears like the JG and Dboys rifles and they are pretty decent, there's also 6mm metal bushings as standard but a good shimming will work wonders for the gun. the barrel is just the regular sort you'd find in a dboys rifle but i stuck a tight bore in mine. the upper receiver comes off at the touch of a button allowing you to remove the hopup and barrel nice and easy.

From what ive seen they have always been in or around the 310-320fps mark even though some of the ratings claim 360ish, ive never seen one that high. the best thing to do is ask the retailer your buying it from to chrono it and see if its below the limit before shipping it.

Heres mine all tarted up with whatever crap I could find that would bolt on., :D
    2526555468_a0eb68895a_o.jpg

That's a beautiful piece of kit vtec, but like I aid I'm terrified of opening up an AEG (lest I do irreparable damage)

you dont have to really, but it would improve the performance of the gun a fair bit though,

But it would be skirmishable without the upgrade?

• Advertisement

Absolutely, I have played with it as it was stock,

In fact, the HRTA birthday game, Liamo borrowed it when he gun went down, and then shot me in the teeth! with me own gun!.,lol

Excellent! I know what I'll be getting next ;)

One last question, when you shave the 4-5mm of the mid cap is that on all sides or what just to be clear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

On the top of the mag you'll see the feed nozzle, to the back of the feed nozzle you'll see an extended straight piece of plastic. The fore-end of this holds the retention clip (the part that holds the bbs in the mag when not in the rifle). The back 4-5mm are redundant and can be filed away carefully to allow them to fit into the mag well.

Yeah its only a really small piece thats shaved away, the mags are still fully compatable with another M4 afterwards too.,

Advertisement