Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

christian to return to wwe?

• 10-11-2008 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

The word backstage at the PPV last night is that Christian Cage will be heading back to WWE once his current TNA deal expires next month. TNA is apparently still trying to work out a deal with him, but most backstage feel he won't be staying.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Gerry81 wrote: »
    The word backstage at the PPV last night is that Christian Cage will be heading back to WWE once his current TNA deal expires next month. TNA is apparently still trying to work out a deal with him, but most backstage feel he won't be staying.

Credit: PWInsider.com

I'd love to see him back but surely he is currently a bigger fish in TNA than he ever would be in the WWE?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Dave Meltzer pretty much confimed it about two months ago when he wrote an article on contracts coming due soon. It has been obvious sometime now the way they booked him. He has mostly been in tags and not really pushed as strong as he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Im delighted...Some of the stuff he did with J2J and Trish Stratus was brilliant...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Rovert, any idea when his contract runs out?

Really hope if he does come back they'll do the Miz and Morrison against Edge and Christian. at least for one night. Dream pre-match banter for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I believe his contract comes up towards the end of the month.

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Rovert, any idea when his contract runs out?

Not sure, end of the year I guess. Among the reasons why Christian is leaving is that his acting career didnt take off, his main supporter on the creative team Scott D'more left and he wants one more big run before retirement. Meltzer suspects he might get burried when he leaves due to how he left WWE in 2005.
    I believe his contract comes up towards the end of the month.

That would make sense as he signed with TNA the same time in the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Question; did Christian leave on good terms with the WWE?

LZ5by5 wrote: »

no.

rovert wrote: »
    Not sure, end of the year I guess. Meltzer suspects he might get burried when he leaves due to how he left WWE in 2005.
    I heard mixed things about him leaving Rovert. Did he shoot on HHH soon afterwards? I can’t imagine that would have gone down well with Vince.

LZ5by5 wrote: »

He fooled a lot of people including close friends into thinking that he was resigning. Most didnt know he was going to TNA until he debuted on PPV. Upper management have long memories. Outside of the incident he was reportedly seen as a model employee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Really hope if he does come back they'll do the Miz and Morrison against Edge and Christian. at least for one night. Dream pre-match banter for me

that would be great alright! but i dont htink either of them would want to go back to tag action.....i wouldnt mind an edge vs christian feud, now thats something rooted in history and could get a great run!

that would be great alright! but i dont htink either of them would want to go back to tag action.....i wouldnt mind an edge vs christian feud, now thats something rooted in history and could get a great run!

Early indications is that Christain will be Edge's henchman.

Both Edge and Cage are substantially better singles wrestlers now than they were in 2001 so I would consider another E & C match a dream match.

Both Edge and Cage are substantially better singles wrestlers now than they were in 2001 so I would consider another E & C match a dream match.

Them versus the Hardyz could be something.

Or dare I say them versus DX.

I still say Edge and Christian vs. The Miz and Morrison would be far better. It's an absolute waste to have those two against two guys who are useless on the mic and the last thing I want to hear is a feud based around "veiled" Lita references. Get rid of the dirt sheet and get it done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

I really don't think it's a good move on Christian's behalf, he's not gonna get the same kinda push in WWE as he's gotten in TNA. I see a lot of MVP, Carlito, Rey Mysterio and Matt Hardy type fueds for him in the future...... not exactly a step up from fueding with Booker, Angle, Sting, even if it is in a bigger promotion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I hope its true and that he is given a decent push in the WWE

I was keen on a Cena/Christian feud when Cena was first drafted to RAW

amull87 wrote: »
    I really don't think it's a good move on Christian's behalf, he's not gonna get the same kinda push in WWE as he's gotten in TNA. I see a lot of MVP, Carlito, Rey Mysterio and Matt Hardy type fueds for him in the future...... not exactly a step up from fueding with Booker, Angle, Sting, even if it is in a bigger promotion.
    Dollar, dollar bill y'all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

too true Rjd2, I was under the impression that Christian was one of the smarter wrestlers regarding saving his money and being financially secure but apparently no one can turn down Vince's millions!

• Advertisement

Early indications is that Christain will be Edge's henchman.

again?! urgh he is better than that!

id say matt would be up for it but jeff may see it as a step backwards (as if he'd have any say in the matter :pac:)

id say matt would be up for it but jeff may see it as a step backwards (as if he'd have any say in the matter :pac:)

Jeff is less over as a face than Edge as a heel so if Jeff saw it as a step back can't imagine Edge would be too keen

again?! urgh he is better than that!:)

He is pretty medicore compared to Edge in fairness.

You talk like they havent tagged up against lesser competition recently.

Jeff is less over as a face than Edge as a heel so if Jeff saw it as a step back can't imagine Edge would be too keen

yeah i agree which is why i just cant see that particular tag rivalry being picked up again (altho a tlc match would be great)
    You talk like they havent tagged up against lesser competition recently.

yeah but that was for a once off, if they were going to do it they should do it properly or not at all! (altho wwe havent been known to do what they "should" be doing for a while)

yeah i agree which is why i just cant see that particular tag rivalry being picked up again (altho a tlc match would be great))

Erm who did Jeff Hardy interupt in his WWE return :rolleyes:
    yeah but that was for a once off, if they were going to do it they should do it properly or not at all! (altho wwe havent been known to do what they "should" be doing for a while)

LMAO one off! Do you know how many times they've tagged this year?

not enough for a week in/week out feud!

not enough for a week in/week out feud!

Does this reply make sense to anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Impact
    From PWInsider.com:

As those of you who may have read the TNA spoilers have surmised, TNA wrote Christian Cage out of their storylines at tonight's Impact taping in an angle where he was beaten and left for dead by the Main Event Mafia after Kurt Angle noted he had heard Cage was looking to leave TNA for WWE when his TNA deal expires.

Cage's TNA contract expires next month.

TNA made the decision to write Cage out now as the belief internally is that Cage, who was extremely well liked, is looking to return to World Wrestling Entertainment. Rather than be caught unaware at the last second (as they were with Gail Kim), TNA opted to write Cage out.

As I noted earlier today on my PWInsider.com Elite Hotline, TNA is still discussing a new contract with Cage. Should he decide to remain with the company, a revenge storyline against the Main Event Mafia is already set. If not, they've used him to build up the Mafia by having them run him out of the company.

When I read the Impact tapings results I assumed that the fact that Kurt actually mentioned WWE must mean that Christian is staying

Also, why is Kurt getting mad and questioning Christian's commitment? Wasn't there an angle a few months ago where Kurt wanted to leave and Jeff was preventing him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

If he re signs they have a storyline set up if he doesnt then he's been written out, everybody comes back to poppa Vinny eventually, he was making a handy living driving down from Tampa every 2 weeks because he didnt do too many house shows, Christian strikes me as a guy who is nearly finished with the business but needs one last pay day, I think he has his eye on tv or movies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

EdK wrote: »
    If he re signs they have a storyline set up if he doesnt then he's been written out, everybody comes back to poppa Vinny eventually, he was making a handy living driving down from Tampa every 2 weeks because he didnt do too many house shows, Christian strikes me as a guy who is nearly finished with the business but needs one last pay day, I think he has his eye on tv or movies

Joe E. Legend said that Christian's been very careful with his money and he's in a good spot now financially.

Loyalty is a dirty word in wrestling im not so much thinking of Christian, the likes of Gail Kim who WWE uncerimoniously dumped, TNA brought her in gave her a shot pushed her to the sky only to have her bail when Vince opened his wallet, I know money is a big factor but some things are more important, But hey that's wrasslin for ya

Gail Kim who WWE uncerimoniously dumped, TNA brought her in gave her a shot pushed her to the sky only to have her bail when Vince opened his wallet

Thats not true TNA offered Kim a new deal that was so low that it made her cry and question her commitment to the company. TNA wasnt going to offer her more than their inital offer either which by the way is lower that what Kip James earns.

I remember reading the total opposite at the time, WWE made her a big offer she waited for TNA to come near it as she was happy there,TNA couldnt come near the offer because it was supposed to be too big to turn down and she had to take it

I remember reading the total opposite at the time, WWE made her a big offer she waited for TNA to come near it as she was happy there,TNA couldnt come near the offer because it was supposed to be too big to turn down and she had to take it

Where did you read it?

51T6T6XJ3TL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I don't remember

• Advertisement

51T6T6XJ3TL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I don't remember

Sorry if Im asking you to follow the charter here :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

TNA wasnt going to offer her more than their inital offer either which by the way is lower that what Kip James earns.

Is he on peanuts or something?

Its Cute Kip rovert ;), he gets paid in beauty products :D

gimmick wrote: »
    Is he on peanuts or something?

Nope just the another over paid worthless wrestler.

Nope just the another over paid worthless wrestler.

Cute Kip is a great gimmick though.

Anyone read this yet
    The Main Event Mafia without Sting destroyed Christian Cage. Kurt Angle said they heard a rumor he was jumping back to WWE and said they are giving him a going away party, and beat him down
    could be a big swerve

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Posted earlier in the thread and I also smell a swerve.

What's going on he is staying or going?:confused:
    Originally Posted by TNAWrestlingNews
    Big Rumor Killer On Christian Cage & WWE Inside Here
    Report by TNAWrestlingNews.com Staff on 11/07/2008 at 01:40 PM

After a great deal of speculation regarding his future with TNA Wrestling, it now appears Christian Cage will remain with the company. Backstage sources indicate that he did not intend to leave the company and reports coming out about his possible departure were untrue. Cage expressed to WWE officials that he had no interest in re-signing with them. TNA believes if Christian were to leave that he would have made his intentions known by now.

There must be some real clown reporters out there to just speculate that WWE was holding off Edge's return to TV due to Christian's pending return. That is completely untrue and made up by whoever first 'reported' it. We were caught off guard and clueless when a caller asked us about it this past week on our weekly WZR Radio show.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    What's going on he is staying or going?:confused:

Erm this is from FIVE days ago before the PPV and before they wrote him out.

Erm this is from FIVE days ago before the PPV and before they wrote him out.

Oh heck apologies lack of caffine beginning to hurt me. :o

Oh heck apologies lack of caffine beginning to hurt me. :o

FIVE days is a long time in Wrestling :p

Anyway hopefully the Observer will have something on this tonight.

There must be some real clown reporters out there to just speculate that WWE was holding off Edge's return to TV due to Christian's pending return.

I guess this makes Dave Meltzer a real considering he just speculated that in the latest Observer.

I guess this makes Dave Meltzer a real considering he just speculated that in the latest Observer.

Not my quote, its TNA author who is insulting those who are speculating. :confused:

Not my quote, its TNA author who is insulting those who are speculating. :confused:

TNAWrestlingNews.com Staff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bump

krudler wrote: »
    bump

why?

• Advertisement
Advertisement