Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

christian to return to wwe?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Because a second thread was created on the subject and there's no point in having two threads on the subject

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What he said, dont need a repeat of the london/palumbo duelling threads thing happening again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

krudler wrote: »
    What he said, dont need a repeat of the london/palumbo duelling threads thing happening again

At least this thread wasnt even on the first page when that oneaofkind guy made his thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

PWInsider.com is claiming that WWE has indeed made Christian an offer to return to their company. It is still unknown whether Christian has made up his mind yet on either company, but TNA did play out their storyline to give him an "out" on television. It's possible Cage will not be seen on TNA television until his decision has been made.

Additionally, Cage is scheduled to work the BSE Pro shows in Canada December 12-13, along with TNA's Traci Brooks and Christy Hemme. You can visit BSEPro.com for more information on these events. This is not related to whether he's leaving for WWE or not, rather it's a couple of appearances he has in case you are in the area.

So is he or isnt he? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

He Is.

As of this morning he wasnt negoiating with TNA.

Dave said he thought it was 55% likely. Christian isn't telling anyone anything but the fact Edge is still being held off means he's going to the WWE for me. I'm genuinely annoyed that Edge is on Smackdown because I know for a fact that this will end up being spoiled on me somehow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Id imagine he'll come back to a huge pop, have a high profile feud for 1 or 2 ppvs then float around the midcard for a while, like what happened Jericho, an inevitable Edge teamup/feud would be good for short term ratings as the WWE love rehashing storylines from half a decade ago for the new fans

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I'm genuinely annoyed that Edge is on Smackdown because I know for a fact that this will end up being spoiled on me somehow

Dont read spoilers then.
    Id imagine he'll come back to a huge pop

Outside of Canada I dont think so.
    WWE love rehashing storylines from half a decade ago for the new fans

For example?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »
    As of this morning he wasnt negoiating with TNA.

Which means?

Which means?

If he is staying with TNA he is leaving negotiation very late or more likely he is going to WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

It may also mean he has already resigned.

Which means?

He can't negotiate with the WWE until his contact runs out in 2-3 weeks.If he's not negotiating with TNA you should be able to read between the lines

For example?

06.jpg

the-great-khali-8.jpg

09.jpg

11.jpg

04.jpg

02.jpg

63.jpg

=

36.jpg

01.jpg

=

11.jpg

06.jpg

=

13.jpg

etc. etc. and so forth in that fashion.

And of course, inevitably:

09.jpg

=

71.jpg36.jpg

There is only a finite amount of stories and characters in the world you know. Still I wont call any of those rehashes actually.

• Advertisement

There is only a finite amount of stories and characters in the world you know.

I'm aware of that, and i can understand that WWE probably dont even realise they are doing the same things over until the storyline is done.

Still I wont call any of those rehashes actually.

...?

...?

They werent word for word, move for move etc.

I don't think it would be at all humanly possibly to do a storyline with matches exactly move for move and word for word. You know what he meant.

I don't think it would be at all humanly possibly to do a storyline with matches exactly move for move and word for word. You know what he meant.

Then they arent really rehashes more an updated version of a story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Semantics trevor, semantics. Come on like. Just like how Hollywood studios remake/reboot films or makes sequels to them or how two studios make two different films but with the same basic idea, the WWF/E has always reused old ideas. Call it updating, call it what you want. Krudler's point still stands.

Kane Vs Kane was hardly an updating of the Taker Vs Taker storyline no was it ? It rehased it or ripped it off.

If he does end up back in WWE it's quite obvious that he'll be used in a main event spot. It would be utterly moronic of them to pay whatever large amount of money he'd cost them and then stick him in a program with Santino or something. Especially after he's had so much exposure in main events on TNA. I'd assume he'll be introduced similar to how Jericho was brought back.

• Advertisement

Semantics trevor, semantics. Come on like. Just like how Hollywood studios remake/reboot films or makes sequels to them or how two studios make two different films but with the same basic idea, the WWF/E has always reused old ideas. Call it updating, call it what you want. Krudler's point still stands.

No it doesn’t, there is nothing new under the sun. So how can you hate on WWE for it? It isn’t a semantic difference alan it is about what should and shouldn’t be looked upon negatively when viewing a story. An update on a story is perfectly permissible in the art of storytelling. In the examples KKV posted for the most part there are as much differences as similarities in the two stories, characters etc.

No it doesnt there is nothing new under the sun. So how can you hate on WWE for it?

As i said above, in my opinion, i dont think they even realise they're repeating old stuff over again until they've already done it.

If he does end up back in WWE it's quite obvious that he'll be used in a main event spot. It would be utterly moronic of them to pay whatever large amount of money he'd cost them and then stick him in a program with Santino or something. Especially after he's had so much exposure in main events on TNA. I'd assume he'll be introduced similar to how Jericho was brought back.

I don't think he's gonna be as big a deal as he was before he left. His crowd reactions were insane before he left. Right now i think a few of the fans may have forgotten who he is. I think they'll have a struggle with him. No doubt he'll be over with the crowd, but i just don't think it'll be to the same extent as it was before.

As i said above, in my opinion, i dont think they even realise they're repeating old stuff over again until they've already done it.

Once again there is nothing new under sun. There is only so many set pieces in Wrestling.

I also cant believe you are confusing backstory with rehashing.

No it doesn’t, there is nothing new under the sun. So how can you hate on WWE for it? It isn’t a semantic difference alan it is about what should and shouldn’t be looked upon negatively when viewing a story. An update on a story is perfectly permissible in the art of storytelling. In the examples KKV posted for the most part there are as much differences as similarities in the two stories, characters etc.

I wasn't saying that rehashing or repeating storylines and feuds was bad per se. With wrestling there's always ideas and feuds and stories reused. WWE do it, WCW did , in fact I'd go out on a limb and say that there isn't a booker who's never not used an idea/story/feud that's been done before. It's how wrestling works.

Krudler said that the WWE love rehashing old ideas and he was right. KKV posted a few of them rehased ideas which were more or less spot on.

Just as long as they never do another Katie Vick or pregnant Mae Young I'll be happy :pac:
    I don't think he's gonna be as big a deal as he was before he left. His crowd reactions were insane before he left. Right now i think a few of the fans may have forgotten who he is. I think they'll have a struggle with him. No doubt he'll be over with the crowd, but i just don't think it'll be to the same extent as it was before.

I think you're wrong there buddy. The kids under the age of 6 may not know who he is but there's wrestling fans who'll watch TNA as well as WWE. Especially in America.

I also cant believe you are confusing backstory with rehashing.

I'll agree with you here because there is a difference between the two.
    Kane v Kane was a rehash of the Taker/Taker feud as I said. Simon Dean was just Skip MK II. I think they also might've reused the Dean Douglas gimmick in the last few years.

It'd be mental not to put Christian and Edge in a program together. Although with both guys not being big muscle roided looking bafoons will Vince and the bookers go for it ? They'll probably stick them in a TLC match for No Way Out or something and that'll be that . I'd rather see singles matches and good tv tbh.

I wasn't saying that rehashing or repeating storylines and feuds was bad per se. With wrestling there's always ideas and feuds and stories reused. WWE do it, WCW did , in fact I'd go out on a limb and say that there isn't a booker who's never not used an idea/story/feud that's been done before. It's how wrestling works.

Krudler said that the WWE love rehashing old ideas and he was right. KKV posted a few of them rehased ideas which were more or less spot on.

It isn’t rehashing as rarely storylines are so blatantly similar to each other.

Kane v Kane was a rehash of the Taker/Taker feud as I said.

It wasnt though again there were more differences than similarities.

Well it was shite anyway!

Back on topic, what kinda matches are yis looking forward to then if Christian does go back ? Christian Vs. Triple H,Cena,Taker,Batista,Orton,Jericho ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Back on topic, what kinda matches are yis looking forward to then if Christian does go back ? Christian Vs. Trips,

Oh **** no, Id perfer Hunter to bury Kozlov for the next few months rather then go near another wrestler I like. :mad: I'd have no problem seeing him feud with Jericho though, the matches and promos would be great and unlike a SuperHunter feud it would not be a banker who would win it.

Fixed it.
    Wonder would Christian and Jeff be any good ? Anyone know how much Christian is worth to the WWE ? Like how much would they be willing to pay for him?

• Advertisement

If christian still acts like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shdTPVDjC-k

then he could be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Back on topic, what kinda matches are yis looking forward to then if Christian does go back ? Christian Vs. Triple H,Cena,Taker,Batista,Orton,Jericho ?

Christian V CM Punk?
    If christian still acts like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shdTPVDjC-k

then he could be great.

Oh please no. After seeing him like this:

That would be a step down.

Oh please no. After seeing him like this:

That would be a step down.

Well... He's no Mick Foley. Didn't care too much for that to be totally honest. Much prefer comedic "i'm better than you" Christian.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=wiZZhJ4QTD4

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=aX6_mSRNp9I&feature=related

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=KEikx9oHFmk

I think he's much better at that kinda stuff.

Maybe Christian could win Undertaker's last Wmania ? If Vince and his cronnies are reading this I've registered this idea and therefore am owed royalties :pac:

Oh and WWE don't need any more bloody comedy in my dear opinion.

Oh and WWE don't need any more bloody comedy in my dear opinion.

Yeah, but there's a difference between WWE's current 'comedy' and actual funny comedy. :(

If you want funny comedy watch Bill Bailey. Mind you as rovert as stated numerous times , WWE are going for the kiddy market now that the UFC have stolen their 16-30 deomgraphic and are pushing stupider angles.

There very well may be a chance that we'll see Los Conquistadores again :(

Yeah, but there's a difference between WWE's current 'comedy' and actual funny comedy. :(

OH NO YOU DID NOT!

Do not diss the Marella, he is like the original incarnation of DX!

(Ok, maybe not that good), but when you look at those vids, you cant help but think that it IS the same kind of WWE funny.

Yeah sure, they are using different words and different situations, but look at cryme tyme, marella, miz and morrison?

Ha, anyone see this:

When it comes to bad comedy, this takes the biscuit:

If you want funny comedy watch Bill Bailey. Mind you as rovert as stated numerous times , WWE are going for the kiddy market now that the UFC have stolen their 16-30 deomgraphic and are pushing stupider angles.

Back to this again, doing good "kiddie" comedy is better than bad adult comedy. Replace Wrestling with the word comedy for than matter too.

• Advertisement

There's something unerving about the words "good kiddie comedy" . Anyway 'spose I'd agree with ye though/

There's something unerving about the words "good kiddie comedy" . Anyway 'spose I'd agree with ye though/

Id take basic, easy to follow storylines and strong, well drawn characters over the insulting, nonsensical tripe we often get.

Id take basic, easy to follow storylines and strong, well drawn characters over the insulting, nonsensical tripe we often get.

Me too. But the key issue here is , would you like to see the goofy laughable cocky Christian from WWE ? Or the kick ass and take no prisoners Christian from TNA ?

Me too. But the key issue here is , would you like to see the goofy laughable cocky Christian from WWE ? Or the kick ass and take no prisoners Christian from TNA ?

I think my post with his promo shows which one stands out more.

I cant see him wanting to go from WWE "Captain charisma" to TNAs "Christian cage" and back again.

After all, isnt it WWE thats interested in him now and that could mean technically he calls the shots for his contract etc etc.

It would be a combination of both Id guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Id imagine he'll come back to a huge pop,
    Not a chance in hell of that happening, sadly I think his return will get a very small pop like Y2J, we on the internet may love him but sadly a lot of the younger people at the live shows especially Smackdown will struggle to remember him. Christian was the man but lets be honest he was no StoneCold, anybody expecting him to be anything more than jobber to the stars like JBL are in for a letdown.

• Advertisement

RVD is confident christian will be well received when/if he goes back to WWE.
    The biggest story of the past week has been "The Instant Classic" Christian Cage reportedly returning to the WWE & departing TNA Wrestling. Mosh & Blade asked RVD for his thoughts on this hot story & whether or not Christian will get lost in the "WWE shuffle." Rob described Christian's chances of making it to the top of World Wrestling Entertainment as "excellent," based on the fact that he was well-liked by the office, & would be "welcomed back with open arms" not only by the office, but by WWE fans across the world.

Comic-Book-Guy Christian is mates with Raw's long time head writer Brian Grewitz as Grewitz earned his stripes writing all the E&C comedy and while on the Smackdown brand Michael Hayes likes Christain due to the Hardyz connection and the fact Hayes worked with them in the early days of the Hardyz & E&C. So he is in there.

Comic-Book-Guy Christian is mates with Raw's long time head writer Brian Grewitz as Grewitz earned his stripes writing all the E&C comedy and while on the Smackdown brand Michael Hayes likes Christain due to the Hardyz connection and the fact Hayes worked with them in the early days of the Hardyz & E&C. So he is in there.

I know that.

I know that.

Well sorry then

Ill go back to my trolling then

Well sorry then

Ill go back to my trolling then

never said you were trolling... :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement