Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Nuvi 200W

• 10-11-2008 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭

Hi,

New to this forum. Have a 200W for over a year and generally very happy.

One problem I have is when driving along the name of villages and small towns do not show on screen. I have map detail set to "most".

The only way I can check to see where I am is to go off screen, which is a nuisance as machine is a bit of a stretch away.

Is there any way of changing settings so all available info is shown on screen when you are driving to a destination?

Other problem is the distance remaining to destination is not shown. Only distance to next turn. Having to go to another page to get this info is not ideal.

Other machines I have used incl Tom Tom and Route 66 seem better in this respect. Or are there any updates on the Garmin that would fix these problems?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

mine shows street names, have ya got it zoomed in enough, when i zoom out a bit it only shows the roads with no names

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭eagerv

Shows the street names and housing estates but not the name of the village/small town. Have tried it with different zoom levels with no luck. Thanks for reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

ah know hat ya mean dont think ya can show that without goin menu then tolls then where am i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭baldbear

No don't think the town names appear. Its annoying as hell, it would make ssense to show town names. AGHHHH:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭eagerv

I agree. The more I use a Tom Tom the more I realise how weak the Garmin is in this respect. Just travelled all across Ireland on secondary roads and would have liked to have known the names of most of the villages! I always seem to miss the road signs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement