Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fishing in dublin

Options
  • 10-11-2008 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Does anyone know. of where are the best places to fish pollock in Dublin. or can pollock be caught in dublin at all.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 TONY T

Does anyone know. of where are the best places to fish pollock in Dublin. or can pollock be caught in dublin at all.

The lions head in Howth. I caught a 6 pounder last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Northwestangler

TONY T wrote: »
    The lions head in Howth. I caught a 6 pounder last week
    Cheers Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

haven't been fishing in years but used to be mad about it.. my top place for pollock was off the back of the east pier in dun laoghaire.. many a monster fish taken there, used to go there every night after work ( in dun laoghaire angling ) for a quick spin.. good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ian 123

Hi tony, how do you get to lions head in howth? do you walk up towards the bailey? cheers,ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I'm assuming you're not familiar with the area so I'll give you the easiest, not the quickest, way.

Get to the Summit Inn (31 or 31B buses). Diagonally across from it is the Summit shop. Facing the shop, you walk left down the road in front of the shop - Thormanby Road. When it starts to level out and turn right there's a road down to the lighthouse on the left. Go down that. On your right is a wall/some houses. At the end of this wall take the right and after a few minutes you'll see it down on your left, just after a house down on your left. It's got concrete platforms and steps for jumping and diving. There should be 2 ropes to help you up and down.

BE CAREFUL
    Ideally you want a rucksack so you have both hands free.

It's at the bottom left here:
    http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=swtm28ggvgsx&style=b&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=29503312&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

Happy hunting

• Advertisement
Advertisement