Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bluetooth Car Stereo

Options
  • 10-11-2008 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced, car stereo with bluetooth and aux in? Or point me to some reviews?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Really depends on what your willing to spend, but lidl were selling a single DIN stereo the other day for 80quid with USB, SD card reader, AUX in, Bluetooth etc etc. some of the older ones they used to sell were decent enough, cant imagine this would be much different.,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

I have a sony. One of two they do, the cheaper one!
    Was 220 or so in Halfords, works fine and is powerful amplifier also!
    Nearly sure it has an aux in? And it is excellent for streaming music from your phone via bluetooth

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭deise gal

Recently got an Bluetooth Sony Radio on the internet paid €138 and is around €200 in Waterford in an autofactors. Is an excellent radio, excellent sound would recommend the internet once you know what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

thanks.

i have been looking at the sony mex bt2600, bt3600 and bt5100. i take it's one of these that you guys have. they seem to do everything i want.

however, the current unit i have is a sony and i've trouble playing cds pretty much since i got it. sometimes they play ok and others it just keeps saying read error or something.

it could have just been a dodgy install though..

i'd probably be willing to spend 150 - 200 anyway. wasn't sure if the lidl one would have been that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Buffman

nialldinho wrote: »
    thanks.

wasn't sure if the lidl one would have been that good.

I got the silvercrest (lidl) one last week and it seems pretty decent. Some of my mates have had them for a year and no problems. It comes with a 3 year guarantee. For €80 ya can't go wrong.:)

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I've had the Lidl one for a few years now. Only thing was my last phone, K750i, used to keep losing and re pairing with the radio. New phone has no issues so I assume it must have been a phone issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I have this one - it's pretty good and you can get an ipod adapter for it too so you can control your ipod thru it - access all the menus etc. Only took a few mins to install it too : http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/746930/art/jvc/kd-bt11-bluetooth-cd-mp3.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

I bought a Blaupunkt MP57 - bluetooth for phone, USB port, aux port, CD - from BlueSpot. All works well.

http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/hamburg.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

tk123 wrote: »
    I have this one - it's pretty good and you can get an ipod adapter for it too so you can control your ipod thru it - access all the menus etc. Only took a few mins to install it too : http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/746930/art/jvc/kd-bt11-bluetooth-cd-mp3.html

That looks alright. Just to confirm it does all the following?
    - it has a port on the front to plug 3.5mm cable in from ipod
    - it has mic and bluetooth build in so i can hook up my phone through the car speakers etc
    - it plays mp3 cds
    - it comes with pretty much anything i need once my radio is standard
    kuro_man wrote: »
    I bought a Blaupunkt MP57 - bluetooth for phone, USB port, aux port, CD - from BlueSpot. All works well.

http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/hamburg.asp

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming! I'm gonna have one of my mates see if my car can take these without much hassle :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sduignan

I'm think of buying the Parrot RK8200 to replace the standard stereo that came in my '06 Renaut Laguna. The Laguna has handy "finger tip" controls for volume and station / track selection. Will these controls still work on a new unit such as the Parrot?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Random wrote: »
    That looks alright. Just to confirm it does all the following?
    - it has a port on the front to plug 3.5mm cable in from ipod
    - it has mic and bluetooth build in so i can hook up my phone through the car speakers etc
    - it plays mp3 cds
    - it comes with pretty much anything i need once my radio is standard

Yes to all of the above and you can get an add on (plugs into the back) that will let you control/browse the ipod thru the headunit and charge it

Advertisement