Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Authentic Christian teaching...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Wicknight wrote: »
    I'm talking about the gospels. What ever Sorella wants to call it, I'm talking about the gospels.

My point is that without the gospels none of you would know anything about Jesus. So one cannot ignore them and focus on the "Living Jesus"

I thought you were mixing up 'man made theology', and the gospels. Two very different things, sorry if I misunderstood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

But we have; met Jesus.

Wicknight wrote: »
    Yes but there are different accounts of what he said and did.

Considering none of you have met Jesus I would think it would be important to figure out which, if any or all, of the accounts of what he said or did are accurate.

Without the "man made theology" you wouldn't even know he had existed, so that doesn't sound like such a good idea.

And how do you tell is someone knows and loves and obeys the living Christ?

It is a bit pointless to say that others will set an good example if you can't tell what example they are setting.

Also, how do you obey Jesus without reference to the Bible? How do you obey Jesus if you don't know what he wants you to do?

Do we just figure it out ourselves? Jesus wants me to divorce my wife?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

sorella wrote: »
    But we have; met Jesus.

You met Jesus? Where (please don't say in your head)

What did he look like? What did he say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭wolfsbane

Wicknight said:
    Also, how do you obey Jesus without reference to the Bible? How do you obey Jesus if you don't know what he wants you to do?

Do we just figure it out ourselves? Jesus wants me to divorce my wife?
    Excellent point. All of us have a conscience which informs us of morality, but we have abused that conscience to a greater or lesser degree and the result is an indistinct message. So we need the Bible to spell it out.

The Bible message is not all equally clear, however. God expects us to study and pray for fuller understanding of it as we progress on the Christian life.

But some things will be crystal-clear: God does not want you to divorce your wife. :)

Advertisement