Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car stereo Head Unit face plate bulbs not working

Options
  • 10-11-2008 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

I noticed tonight that there are no lights on my car stereo face plate anymore.
    Not a single one, completely blank and dark. :mad:

I'm sure they were working a few days ago, last time it was darkish. Could a shunt in the back have affected the bulbs? :confused:

Anyone know a way to fix please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Are you on about the number plate lights on the rear?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

oops...

Sorry. I should have been more specific, not having a good week. :o

The bulbs in the car stereo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

There are no bulbs in the car stereo, there are LEDs, which have a shelf life of about 100000 working hours. If they're all not working, it would lead me to believe that there's either an internal fault not supplying them with power, or alternatively, some head units have a wire in the rear which links them to the headlight control on your car, turn on the lights, and the backlighting on the stereo comes on. If you were rear ended, it's possible this connection was worked slightly loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

If it's a removeable face plate check that the contacts on both the plate and the unit are clean and free from small bits of debris, lint etc.

Advertisement