Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2 policies

Options
  • 10-11-2008 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Simple question.

If I have 9+ years NCB. Can I insure a second car on a seperate policy with another company using my built up ncb?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

No. Your NCB stays with one car. You can start a new NCB on a different car though, but you'll have to build it up from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

what he said although its different if your second vehicle is a commercial - most companies these day "mirror" the bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

luckily its seems quinn have a good discount for 5+ years named on another policy(with 0 NCB) , which brings it down to almost the same as using 9+ NCB :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Result! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

If you are insured on someone elses car as a named driver you could use this named driver experience. I got a second car and used my named driver experience on my girlfriends car to insure the new car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement