Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hi-fi stereo + record player

• 10-11-2008 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know where I can get a decent stereo with a record player?
    I've had a look around and have only seen a few gimmicky looking ones.

As an alternative would it be possible to get a turntable such as this
    and then connect it to a stereo?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

Hey Dartsfan
    This isnt the most active forum in the world, you might have guessed!
    To help choose the right deck for you, a few pieces of information would help a lot..
    +Do you have a lot of vinyl records you want to start playing regulary or is it just for now and again?
    +How important is sound quality to you?
    +What type of sound system do you have at the moment?
    +Would you consider buying second hand?
    +What sort of budget do you have?

You can spend anywhere from €89 to €230,000 on a Turntable, neither look like good value to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

dartsfan wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone know where I can get a decent stereo with a record player?
    I've had a look around and have only seen a few gimmicky looking ones.

As an alternative would it be possible to get a turntable such as this
    and then connect it to a stereo?

Thanks.

Depends on your budget, a decent 2nd hand turntable is a possibility connected to a amplifier and speakers. What is your budget?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

You need a separate phono stage or an integrated amp with phone stage to play vinyl on a separates system.

Advertisement