Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribal Design Help

• 10-11-2008 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, I've been back and forth a about a tattoo for a while now. Never been able to decide exactly what I wanted to go for. But I always sort of leaned to tribal style designs. Ideally, I'd like to draw it myself. I've always been handy with a pencil, and obviously, would be more unique, special or whatever if i designed it myself. I'd accept, even expect some sort of artistic changes from the artist regarding style, shading etc.
    I've done a few mock ups, but can't get it right. Can't get it to look right. Does anyone know of a decent online galleray of tribal stuff. If I looked through a pages of the stuff I might be able to improve my design.

In case it makes a difference, i'm not looking for an armband. Most likely going to be asymetrical on the back of my shoulder

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

www.bmezine.com

plenty there, if that fails go into a tattoo artist, show em your drawings and see what they come up with :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Thanks Will.
    Had found bmezine before (through the genital piercing thread in S&S),
    Wasn't sure if there was a better place or not.
    Any more guys,

anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i did a quick google on 'how to draw tribal', but not a lot that really seemed too useful seemed to show up. im sure you can explore that one a bit yourself, but other than that, i guess the only thing i can think of is to google image 'tribal', ( http://images.google.com/images?rls=ig&hl=en&q=tribal%20design&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi ) and practise drawing what you see there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I take it that you're going for neo-tribal as opposed to something of a polynesian style tattoo yeah? If you are maybe consider buying a book like Tattoos Unlimited for some inspiration.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭riff-raff

Will wrote: »
    www.bmezine.com

plenty there, if that fails go into a tattoo artist, show em your drawings and see what they come up with :)

Some good advice I say the mock ups on paper will be different because of body shape so a good artist will take a few photos and rearrange your TAT, to suit your shape..:) you must of missed the tattoo show in Dublin 4 last week some great artists showing of their work plenty of free hand drawing.. There a couple of good site for tips as will says www.bmezine.com or http://www.tattoomenow.com/
    and http://www.chopper-tattoo.com/index.php?hop=tnxenjoy&gclid=CLW1gp7J-ZYCFRyS1QodkTfbXg which has hundreds of designs from their design gallery:)

Diceicle wrote: »
    I take it that you're going for neo-tribal as opposed to something of a polynesian style tattoo yeah? If you are maybe consider buying a book like Tattoos Unlimited for some inspiration.
    Yeah, neo-trival as opposed to maori type

Advertisement