Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zyxel Router & Phone Interference

Options
  • 10-11-2008 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I have a Zyxel Wireless router supplied by Digiweb. I have a Binatone Viva 1210 cordless phone.

When the phone rings its cuts off the internet which is a pain in the ar*e.

Can anybody help? I have tried to overcome this by changing the frequency of the router but it will only work on 1 out of the 11 available choices.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

Firstly - Are we talking ADSL here or is your internet coming by fixed wireless?

If its ADSL - Have you got a filter on the line?

Are these your phones? http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2007/12/04/binatone-veva-1210-dect-home-phone-with-answering-machine/

Cause if they are Dect phones - These will cause no issues - Freq range is 1880 MHz–1900 MHz

I would check your phone line, could have a weak phone line or a dodgy filter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

This definitely sounds like a filter issue as Voodoo says.

Internet won't cut out if you have a filter on the phone line. That's my experience with ADSL anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

The OP suggested he was has tried changing the wireless channel which would rule out a Microfilter, OP can you confirm this?

If you are using wireless try simply moving the router & cordless phone away from each other.

Vanbis wrote: »
    The OP suggested he was has tried changing the wireless channel which would rule out a Microfilter, OP can you confirm this?

If you are using wireless try simply moving the router & cordless phone away from each other.

Vanbis, Changing the wireless channel will not have anything to do with the filter, filter is on the phone line.. Dect phone always transmit beacons to see if the phones are alive, the problem is when he gets a call.. Which suggest a weak phone line, or an issue with a filter. 2.4Ghz is a far enough away from Dect.. even to cause harmonics they are a bit off.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Lot of techo garble, sorry.

I have a filter on the line. I checked earlier just in case. I have a digiweb connection through the phone line. ADSL or not, I dont know.

• Advertisement

Lot of techo garble, sorry.

I have a filter on the line. I checked earlier just in case. I have a digiweb connection through the phone line. ADSL or not, I dont know.

Pick up a new filter in your local computer shop just to try it, those things can go faulty very easily

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Hello,

I have a Zyxel Wireless router supplied by Digiweb. I have a Binatone Viva 1210 cordless phone.

When the phone rings its cuts off the internet which is a pain in the ar*e.

Can anybody help? I have tried to overcome this by changing the frequency of the router but it will only work on 1 out of the 11 available choices.

Hey,

At home here, we have both a Belkin F5D7633-4Av1 [Wireless/Wired]. We also have two wireless phones [on same line]; Eircom 5010. Have tried changing the channel through the router but no difference has been made. my brother who was working on his laptop and I on my desktop both got disconnected there earlier, but strange enough there wasn't any incoming or outgoing call (possible a neighbours wireless phone cut our connection???).

Can anybody help out? Much appreciative. :)

Advertisement