Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champagne

• 10-11-2008 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Where in waterford could u find a cheap bottle of champagne, the real stuff not that fizzy wine. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 OonaghHearne

Cheap and champagne don't go together at all. Best bet is to buy champagnoise (dodgy spelling) - its nice made in the champagne method but not in the region. Best of all is Cava - the spanish version. Tesco's do it as do Dunnes. the wine shop at the cove have won many awards and will probably point you in the best direction. I usually go for the Cava when celebrating on a budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

go to world of wines out by the hospital though their a bit on the pricy side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Jacobs Creek ftw yum yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

cant vouch for the good stuff as i'll drink virtually anything but both aldi and lidl have champagne for under twenty quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 kitten_bar

Head to The Wine Vault - it's a wine shop now. (think it's open till 5.30/6 051 853444 or 853777 can't remember which)

You can get a Champagne there for 35 - 40euro and it'll be a really nice one from one of the smaller, more exclusive Champagne houses instead of just being mass produced Moet or something.

They do Cremant (sparkling wine from the Alsace region) for about 25 I think and that's amazing. The Rose is made with 100% Pinot Noir and it's my favorite!

I've bought a fair amount from here (got the bubbly for my wedding from them) and can vouch for every bottle *grin*

They'll also wrap it or ribbon it for you if it's a gift!

Hope this helps.

xxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭waterfordkick

Tesco finest Champagne is very nice. 24.99 a bottle and is nicer then Moet !

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tidy Trax

Hey thanks a lot everyone. I'm gonna check out World Wide Wines n see whats on offer. I like the sound of the rose one. Got some offers in the post from superquinn they're doing half price specials on Nicolas Feuillante Brut Vintage 29euro is that stuff any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭durrus

Nicholas Feuilatte is a decent Champagne, the brut NV is a bit dry but otherwise good, the rose one is lovely. I echo the comments of previous posters - go to WWW on the Dunmore Road, they have a great selection of Cava, Prosecco and Champagne and they wont put you wrong. For when you win the lotto and get addidcted to the stuff they also have a fantastic selection of top end vintage champagnes. The vintage stuff bears no resemblence to NV, it's just so much smoother but even a regular NV can be softened a lot by buying it a good while before you need it and letting it sit on its side ina dark cool place for six months or so, longer is even better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Tesco finest Champagne is very nice. 24.99 a bottle and is nicer then Moet !

Tesco's Finest Champagne has won awards and beaten other well known brands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

deisemum wrote: »

thats true, the chap who does the drink reviews on the moncrieff radio show was singing its praises a while back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

deisemum wrote: »

Yes, I have to agree. This is a beautiful champagne. But, if you don't want the Tesco label on it. Pay a visit to a Carry Out, they stock various types. But as mentioned, it ain't cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Minfadlek

Tidy Trax wrote: »
    they're doing half price specials on Nicolas Feuillante Brut Vintage 29euro is that stuff any good?

What vintage ? If it's '96, snap it up :D

Superquinn usually have good wine advise, unless yerman in WWW has done a course, or something !!

Advertisement