Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[newb] recommend a .45 pistol

Options
  • 10-11-2008 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

hai guys,

myself and some friends are thinking about taking up AS as our only outdoor activity so to speak!

i have a hardon for the 45s since I held a ww2 m1911 a few summers back and fired a .45 while in Vegas a few weeks ago.

Looking at this one but I dont know anything about manufacturers or prices.

Along with the pistol, I'd need an extra mag, gas + tin of bbs ya? [ignoring body & safety gear for the minute, I need to know I'm defo going to get it first!]

Cheers folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

well ye thats a good pistol but if you want to go to skirmishes you would want to get an aeg. anything jing gong is good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Thats a good gun for use as a secondary but if you are looking to take up the game its more of a rifle you'll be looking for. with a pistol you will be fiercly out gunned and out ranged. gas guns are also very temperamental in cold conditions. have a look at some of the clone range of AEGs (automatic electric guns) for something to get started with.
    most rifles we would use are electric and are much more suited for use as a primary gun.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Yeah, the aeg would be after the pistol; just as an intro the AS tho I was thinking just the pistol for now; no skirmishing for the time being.

In that case, that pistol is a good one, although id look at glocks or hicappas/1911's, simply for the fact that theres an abundance of parts available for them if anything happends to it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Gonna hijack this thread if ya don't mind kai :p

In the market for a GBB too and have narrowed it down to two berettas.

TM M9 - http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=8&category_id=21&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

KJ M9 Metal - http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=292&category_id=21&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

Which of these would be the better option? I'd lean towards the TM due to reputation, but really either is fine, and the metal would be nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

KJW tend to do better GBBs in my view than TM, TM have good rep for their AEGs, not saying that their GBBs are bad either.

The KJW P226 is better than the TM P226 in my view for example.

For the M9s, I don't own an M9 but I have tried both of them out and I prefared the KJW M9 to the TM.

The KJW P226 or P229 are better than their older M9 cousins in my view but if your set on an M9 go for it

This beauty I think is the king of M9s currently on the market with a price to match. Only if you're really into your GBBs.
    http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=235&category_id=21&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

@ OP

There are several nice options for a gbb .45 replica.

You mentioned the 1911, there is a "bell" 1911 full metal which is meant to be very good, vtec above can say more as he has one. There is also a kjw 1911 and a "we" 1911, both full metal too, but the "we" is not great build wise, its better than some of their earlier stuff but a brand overall to be avoided IMO.

HFC do a USP .45 now, its gotten good reviews, all metal too, bar the frame which is polymer on the real one anyway. The KSC usp is great, as linked to by yourself, but is a plastic slide model, but aftermarket metal slides are available, email the site owner and he can get them in afaik. The hfc also has a working de-cocker which is a nice feature.

I'd go with a hfc usp, or the bell m1911 or kjw, the "we" is usually a bit iffy, you may get a gud un or a bad un. The ksc is the best usp bar the plastic slide.

2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

+1 for the KSC USP.45 with the metal slide, has all the trades on the slide and frame. Some seits stock the KSC USPs with the metal slide already installed, if you ask a site to install one for make sure you get a high flow gas valve and recoil spring to go with it.

thanks guys, is there better sites to buy the .45 from?

Eirsoft.ie had the hfc usp and the bell 1911, dunno if they still do, ask in their thread.

gunnerairsoft.com have the bell 1911 in stock at the moment, Hong Kong based and you have to ship with TNT, dont ask me, long story involving beaurocratic mumbo jumbo.

They have spare mags for 14$, the gun for 60$ and shipping is about 50-60, I just ordered one and some other gear so shipping is an estimate. With the euro and dollar difference dropping I didnt save much money if any.

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote: »
    thanks guys, is there better sites to buy the .45 from?

Just read that, I didnt mean those sites are better, just ones I know of stocking the pistols I would have bought.

sorry, better was prolly the wrong choice of wording; alternative sites is better I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

This beauty I think is the king of M9s currently on the market with a price to match. Only if you're really into your GBBs.
    http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=235&category_id=21&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

Just a word on that M9 from KSC, they appear to have phased it out which is such a pity as it really is the joint best M9 you can get along with the Western Arms Perfect Versions and Carbon Edition, and the WAs aren't even full metal. Consider yourself lucky if you got one. :)

KSC have replaced it with a cheaper, although not cheap, variant with white stamped insignia instead. Its still full metal, but if you're after proper engravings WA is the way to go.

Steve

Little update as far as a .45 is concerned.

I have the KJW and HFC USP .45s already but the KWA one arrived in tonys today, so i gave it a good molesting, being a H&K fan and all.

it chrono'd on its first shot at 325fps, then progressively dropped off as it cooled but the lowest shot being 301fps. thats brilliant performance from a gas pistol and i was pretty supprised by it. so one of them has found its way back to my gun collection., :D

Im gonna do a proper review on it soon enough, maybe a comparison review with the other brands of USP but so far from what Ive seen its pretty impressive with good power. since i have the G18c and G26c from the same manufacturer i expected it to be as good and it doesn't disappoint.,:)

Is it metal or plastic?

kwa can be a little different from ksc.

The frame is ABS as its supposed to be, its nice abs though, not shiney stuff and contrasts well against the metal slide. the markings are done in white and red too.,

So is it "full" metal, in as far as all parts that should be are metal?

Barrel?

If so very tempting.

Yup, the only thing its lacking is trade marks, but ehobby have the slide with trades on it anyway, im not sure if i prefer it with or without trades so im not gonna order one yet.,

Advertisement