Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat students applying to the CAO?

Options
  • 10-11-2008 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the scéal is for repeats applying to the CAO?

I was just about to submit my application when I realised there was absolutely nowhere where the fact I was repeating was acknowledged.
    Realistically, I might not do better this year (hopefully that's not going to be the case!) and will have to use my points from last year.

Basically, my question is... how do the CAO know I'm a repeat? I'm going to get another application number and so on...there could be another "bythewoods" lurking in my eh... neck of the woods.

I'm so confused!
    Am I supposed to just go on with he oul' application? Are they simply super? Do they just know things?
    Any insights would be much appreciated. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

There's a section on the first page right at the bottom, after address and all that it has Qualifications and Assesment summary where you tick and exams you've already sat, in your case it's be Irish Leaving Cert 1985-2009, then you might be asked for your exam number or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 howtobeknown

im in the same boat havent a clue??? help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Thanks Piste, you really are a constant source of knowledge!

Yeah, just as Piste said. Tick the leaving cert box and in the next step on there's a place to include previous leaving certs. Just enter the year and your exam number! Which is printed on the page of results. I start ringing the people who'd been sitting near me in the exam centre last year asking what numbers they were so i could recall mine. :rolleyes:
    But that way would be much easier !

Advertisement