Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alot of dissapointed people including me

• 10-11-2008 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

So the 4fm recruitment drive was overwhelmed with applications and once again its a dissapointing no. Like many others (and it looks like 600 others) I got the thumbs down. They probably never even listened to my demo considering the numbers applying but just wondering if anyone else has views on this. I'm thinking of packing it in altogether. It just not going to happen me thinks and I know that I have a good package to offer...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

4fm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Stephen wrote: »
    4fm?

Multicity license. Targeted at over 40s, or at least they like to say so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

bbability wrote: »
    So the 4fm recruitment drive was overwhelmed with applications and once again its a dissapointing no. Like many others (and it looks like 600 others) I got the thumbs down. They probably never even listened to my demo considering the numbers applying but just wondering if anyone else has views on this. I'm thinking of packing it in altogether. It just not going to happen me thinks and I know that I have a good package to offer...

i'm just curious, what type of job within the station were you looking for? I'm guessing from the fact that you said you sent in a demo that it was for an on air gig?

if that the case...and i'm in no way being smart here, whats your experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Never knew this station existed (or will exist), bbability go online and please yourself and whoever else listens. So many want to be on-air, so few can be.

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I hear Gareth O Callaghan has got the Breakfast Gig on the new station, It will be good to hear him again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Hasn't Gareth been on breakfast in Galway Bay for a few years now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Looking at the music policy I wonder if they are in danger of being too "oldist", the granny/aunty market won't switch from RTE 1.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Slicklink

4fm will become the retirement home for many jocks!

bbability I wouldnt take it personally. The level of old school talent out there is high, so it is quite competetive. What with Gareth O Callaghan doing breakfast, the type of presenter they were trying to recruit is evident.

Some old pro's in there from what I hear including Jim Kenny as Head of Music and Al Dunne as PD..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Radio Mad.

Best of luck to FM104's Cathy Creegan with the new gig at 4FM.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

OP, do you have any experience in radio? I've noticed various people who used to be on local radio moving on into national radio stations - it seems to be a common career path these days.

Advertisement