Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you watch the live games ?

Options
  • 10-11-2008 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Me....well I live in the sttticcks so i'm not expecting to bump into any fellow posters from this forum (although I've had the pleasure of meeting some lads whilst in Dublin and of course Tottenham) but I normally watch the live games in the Anglers Rest Hotel Bar, Headford, Co. Galway.

Don't have Murdoch Enterprises Sky Sports or Setanta, so my only option is the pub or very occasional streaming.

Where do you normally watch the game ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I have sky sports but if the game is on setanta or any other channel that i haven't got i just stream it, I haven't been to the pub to watch a game in ages since i discovered streaming tbo....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

in the pub with a group of fans when going to the match isnt possible, dont have sky and prefer watching it with other fans for a bit of banter and that, other than that i watch the streams when i can find them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Have Sky and Setanta at home, and when neither have the game, I normally get it on the Net somewhere. Im not mad about watching games in the pub to be honest, I rather sit at home on the couch and watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Have Sky at home but not Setanta but go out to watch Spurs for most of the games. Prefer the banter in the pub. Usually go to the Evergreen Bar or if there's a supporters club meeting on the Spailpin Fanac. Wouldn't be bothered watching online, I prefer the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 fairhillspur

bit of all have sky at home also online but you cant beat the laugh in the pub where i join yido for a bit of slaggin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tomo75

I have Sky and Setanta. I prefer to watch at home cos I have a habit of kicking and heading every ball. :D:D I find I miss too much when in the pub. Maybe that is just the drink talking though!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

bit of all have sky at home also online but you cant beat the laugh in the pub where i join yido for a bit of slaggin.

certainly can't beat the slaggin when you met a lad wearing a Gomes tee shirt :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

sky at home in Wexford. Listen to Radio London on skybox if not on. They have live commentary of all games - and they're partisan. Small kid, so rarely get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Just an idea- how about if all on boards arrange o meet in Dublin for a game. I've been to Tom Mayes once (for man city league cup game- nice crew, met terry and co. Went to Sinnots on the green for Ar5ene1 gamr with dublin spur- great craic. I would wander up if there was notice, and I reckon John W and wexford crew might as well. How about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Just an idea- how about if all on boards arrange o meet in Dublin for a game. I've been to Tom Mayes once (for man city league cup game- nice crew, met terry and co. Went to Sinnots on the green for Ar5ene1 gamr with dublin spur- great craic. I would wander up if there was notice, and I reckon John W and wexford crew might as well. How about it?
    Yes I was up at Tom Mayes for the Udinese game (:o) good bunch of lads!
    Don't get up to Dublin much these days but if I am there and a match is on, defo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

have been to watch some on tv or pub and occasionally on streams. always get someone to stick up a link for goals here so if you miss it you can get away with it.

try not to watch too many in the pub though. i usually end up making a show of myself! last game i saw in the pub was the liverpool game in the league. went nuts when pav scored. something extra special when all your mates are scousers! and watchin them saying we are battering you's!!!! how do you like them apples.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Watch mainly at home have sky and setanta,also watch streams when we are not on the box.Did watch the 5-1 and the Cup final in the pub last season two great nights were had.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Mate, been saying for ages that one of the reasons this board exists is for that very reason!!!

Due to family circumstances I can't commit to anything this side of Christmas (and I'm probably going to be at most televised games until then anyway) but would be up for something in the new year for definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Don't have Murdoch Enterprises Sky Sports or Setanta, so my only option is the pub or very occasional streaming.

Why only very occasional streaming? You can watch every single Spurs game live on your computer, I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

hotspur wrote: »
    Why only very occasional streaming? You can watch every single Spurs game live on your computer, I do.

It drives me nuts when the picture freezes or when the stream refreshes. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Is anyone going to the Ireland game next Wednesday - I am in seat 15, row ss in the 309 (lower Cusack). Been a while since I have been to Croke, will I need a rain jacket or is this covered?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

John W wrote: »
    Is anyone going to the Ireland game next Wednesday - I am in seat 15, row ss in the 309 (lower Cusack). Been a while since I have been to Croke, will I need a rain jacket or is this covered?:eek:

In any of the lower stands your liable for a soaking, if it rains so if you have oil skins, I'd recommend you wear em !
    http://www.crokepark.ie/page/stadium_seating_plan.html

Advertisement