Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler problem

Options
  • 10-11-2008 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I've been through search but unfortunately nothing crops up as being obviously helpful for me. So for those of you getting a load of boiler problems now...sorry.

I have an Ideal Classic SE15. It seems also to have some pressure gauge on it which I can't find in any of the online manuals. I cannot get the pilot light to light and the radiators are not heating. We have hot water, and there is gas to the kitchen.

I've followed the instructions to relight the boiler several times to no available (ie, no pilot light in the little window thing). about the only thing I can come up from the manual that *might* be relevant is that "If the boiler is fitted with a
    sealed system kit." I should "Check pressure gauge on the boiler this should read a minimum of 1 bar If below 1 bar repressurise the system via the filling loop. Once pressure reaches 1 bar turn off the tap on the filling loop and press the overheat thermostat reset button (E) to reset the boiler. If unable to do so or if the pressure continues to drop after refilling contact your installer." Assuming that the pressure gauge on the boiler is the pressure gauge for this thing, then yeah, the pressure is below 1 bar.

I can't find any reference to the filling loop in the manual but in other places it suggests that it might be under my sink. I have no idea what I am looking for and how I would switch the tap on it on and off. There is a pressure gauge on the boiler which is not shown in any diagram in the manual so I am wildly assuming that in fact it is fitted with a sealed system kit. I have no idea what that is. It's the last thing I would try (if I could find it) before calling for help to come tomorrow. This appears to be the manual PDF warning. I don't have a printed copy as I rented the house and it wasn't provided.

Has anyone any ideas? Failing that I will call someone to come and have a look tomorrow.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭copper12

Try the hot press for the filling loop
    When you say you have tried to light the boiler a couple of times has any thing happened i.e. and sound from the boiler dose the fan run does the pump run ?

311 wrote: »
    Calina ,make sure if you have thermostats that they are turned up all the way.

Nice one’ I forgot to state the obvious’ could be that’s all it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

311 wrote: »
    Calina ,make sure if you have thermostats that they are turned up all the way.

Yep, all the way up to 30 degrees.

When I try to light it, it clicks a couple of time, the boiler makes noise when I assume is the fan, but the pilot light does nothing and I know this morning that it's not heating water either.

There is, under the boiler something that looks like a stopcock sort of thing(not a plumber so don't know the terminology) than can be switched on or off. I can't move it. In any case it doesn't look like any picture I found that "might be what I'm looking for" last night. I'll have a look at the hot press now to see if the loop is there.

if I don't find it in the next 5 minutes (ie before I get ready to go to work) I'll get someone to come and look as the house is now freezing.

thanks for the assistance.

If you can hear the fan coming on then can you hear a clicking sound this should be constant
    If so then it may be the gas valve time to call a Tec

Advertisement